Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Way Tie For First

1. Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    5-11 might win the NFC East at this point.
    Is that mathematically possible?

One of youse numbers dorks should work this out...

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    Look at that gallant stroll and those comfortable shoes.

Nothing but swag.
    Last edited by mkocs6; 09-30-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    @kocsan

3. Mrs. Kocsan: "Matthew, I thought we talked about this. No more posting pictures of yourself online. There are lots of creeps out there and they will come and get you and take you away."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Is that mathematically possible?

One of youse numbers dorks should work this out...

This early in the season, its possible. All four of the NFC East teams can go 3-3 against each other. So all it would take is one team to go 2-10 outside their division and the rest of the teams to be either 2-10 (and lose on tiebreakers) or worse.

So mathematically, 3-13 is the minimum record to win the division. And admittedly I would love to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    This early in the season, its possible. All four of the NFC East teams can go 3-3 against each other. So all it would take is one team to go 2-10 outside their division and the rest of the teams to be either 2-10 (and lose on tiebreakers) or worse.

So mathematically, 3-13 is the minimum record to win the division. And admittedly I would love to see that happen.
    It's possible mathematically, but not according to league rules:

League Rule 127.0.0.1. If every team within one division fails to meet the minimum wins required for postseason participation (5), that division title and postseason berth will be vacated. All teams within the offending division will be disbanded and all trace of them will be wiped from the NFL records books. The owners, coaches, players and season ticket holders of those teams will be banned for life from participating in, attending or watching NFL games and will be sterilized.

6. Andy, you forgot to give them all herpes.

I remember being at Browns games when I was a kid - late 60's through mid 70's, and back then, there weren't plushie mascots.

The Browns "mascot" was an old guy in a brown suit named Abraham Abraham. He would stand behind the end zones and retrieve field goals and extra points and wave to fans.

“I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I remember being at Browns games when I was a kid - late 60's through mid 70's, and back then, there weren't plushie mascots.

The Browns "mascot" was an old guy in a brown suit named Abraham Abraham. He would stand behind the end zones and retrieve field goals and extra points and wave to fans.

I'd like to introduce you to our mascot and our accountant

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'd like to introduce you to our mascot and our accountant
    It just doesn't get more old school than that.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur