Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ESPN’s David Pollack: Women don’t belong on playoff selection committee

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    If he's going to bring that into it, then we're also allowed to question her judgment, which was pitiful.
    And this illustrates another problem some people are going to have with the Rice selection. Besides the fact that she is a woman, she is also political. And that in itself will divide people on her.

2. Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Florio's fame stems from his excellent job as a news compiler, not an opinion man.
    Florio is solid on contract law, labor agreements and the like. Can't take that from him. We can bash MF all we want around here, but we can't deny that a great many people do go to PFT and do tune in to PFT Live and do watch ProFootballTalk on NBCSN. There clearly are a lot folks who find him credible. i know not many of us do, but that is beside the point.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Florio is solid on contract law, labor agreements and the like. Can't take that from him. We can bash MF all we want around here, but we can't deny that a great many people do go to PFT and do tune in to PFT Live and do watch ProFootballTalk on NBCSN. There clearly are a lot folks who find him credible. i know not many of us do, but that is beside the point.

I agree, but that's not football knowledge. That's business and law knowledge.

You'll never catch me knocking Mike Florio. He was instrumental in bringing many of us together here into the FP(L) family back in that summer of 2010. That counts. A lot.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I agree, but that's not football knowledge. That's business and law knowledge.
    Sadly, the two go hand in hand. Florio does a nice job with that stuff. I'm not a big fan of his on-field football acumen. He tends to the hysterical a bit much for me. I understand it as he is trying to make a living and, let's face it, hysteria sells.

I respect very much his work ethic. The dude is a maniacal pursuer of information.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    You'll never catch me knocking Mike Florio. He was instrumental in bringing many of us together here into the FP(L) family back in that summer of 2010. That counts. A lot.
    how so?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    how so?

How does this count towards Florio's football acumen? Not at all. I was merely expressing my gratitude to him for plugging FP(L) in a column about CC's podcast with Bill Simmons. A flurry of member signups ensued because of that. The launch commenced!

Many of us found our FP family that summer and have been regulars ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    How does this count towards Florio's football acumen? Not at all. I was merely expressing my gratitude to him for plugging FP(L) in a column about CC's podcast with Bill Simmons. A flurry of member signups ensued because of that. The launch commenced!

Many of us found our FP family that summer and have been regulars ever since.

thanks, I was just asking about the story behind it. Had never heard it.