Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 9: Sit or Start

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I'd start Gordon over Brown easily this week. Just my opinion though. We already seen Campbell can hit Gordon for the big play and I don't expect that to change against the Ravens. Talib has shut down everyone he has faced this year. With any other option, I'm not playing the guy facing Talib.
    I like the matchup discussion, but just think it can be overrated. Keep this in mind too. Most prototypical #1 WRs have a specific role, as do most prototypical shut down CBs. But Brown is not the traditional #1. They move him all over the place. Meanwhile, Talib, as is the case with most top CBs, is usually playing outside, so whether it's Brown, Sanders, or Cotchery, his role is defending the outside WR on his assigned side of the field (I'm guessing usually the left side). He usually doesn't have slot responsibility, but a player like AB often finds himself in the slot.

A guy like AJ Green or Brandon Marshall is less likely to be moved away from the outside, due to their designed role in the offense, meaning a guy like Talib would face that type of WR in more one on one situations.

If Brown and Talib are matched up more than 50% of the time on Sunday, I'd be shocked.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

2. I have Pierre Thomas, Ben Tate, and Rashard Jennings. Which two should I start at RB this week? Was thinking Thomas and Jennings but now Tate is getting the start. I've had him stashed on my bench all year anticipating a Foster injury.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    I have Pierre Thomas, Ben Tate, and Rashard Jennings. Which two should I start at RB this week? Was thinking Thomas and Jennings but now Tate is getting the start. I've had him stashed on my bench all year anticipating a Foster injury.
    Tate for sure. He has the 4 broken ribs, but proved last week his pain tolerance is pretty good.

By the way, check out the commish report. That's the fantasy open thread, and where you can find my weekly rankings. This week, I also have info on matchups the rest of the way.

-Marion Motley

4. Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Tate for sure. He has the 4 broken ribs, but proved last week his pain tolerance is pretty good.

By the way, check out the commish report. That's the fantasy open thread, and where you can find my weekly rankings. This week, I also have info on matchups the rest of the way.
    Cool thanks. I'll check that out. What about Pierre Thomas vs. Rashard Jennings? Thomas has been steady for me but splits touches with Sproles. Didn't see Jennings' game last week so I don't really know if he was as good as the stats said but if McFadden is hurt, he may be worth a start.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayFinkle View Post
    Cool thanks. I'll check that out. What about Pierre Thomas vs. Rashard Jennings? Thomas has been steady for me but splits touches with Sproles. Didn't see Jennings' game last week so I don't really know if he was as good as the stats said but if McFadden is hurt, he may be worth a start.
    I do have Jennings 2 spots in front of Thomas, but the Giants have been the stingiest team in terms of yards allowed over the past 6 weeks, and haven't allowed a rushing TD since week 5. However, they do allow around 6 catches per game to RBs. Meanwhile, Dallas has given up the 3rd most fantasy pts to RBs since week 4, including a ton of production through the air, where both Thomas and Darren Sproles excel. I feel like the matchup outweighs the fact that Jennings will likely get more touches, so I'll go against myself and say Thomas is probably the better play. But it's close enough to play your hunch.

-Marion Motley

6. Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    I do have Jennings 2 spots in front of Thomas, but the Giants have been the stingiest team in terms of yards allowed over the past 6 weeks, and haven't allowed a rushing TD since week 5. However, they do allow around 6 catches per game to RBs. Meanwhile, Dallas has given up the 3rd most fantasy pts to RBs since week 4, including a ton of production through the air, where both Thomas and Darren Sproles excel. I feel like the matchup outweighs the fact that Jennings will likely get more touches, so I'll go against myself and say Thomas is probably the better play. But it's close enough to play your hunch.
    Yeah I'll probably rethink it a few times before kickoff on Sunday. I'm kinda rolling in RBs right now. I have Alfred Morris and I start him every week but my #2 guy has been Pierre Thomas or Ben Jarvis Green Ellis. Each guy splits touches so they're hit or miss. But with Foster and and McFadden injured, Tate and Jennings now have great value. I've been bogarting Tate all season.