Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Trent Richardson

  1. #1
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,608

    Trent Richardson

    I feel like sending an apology note to Mike Lombardi and Coach Chud for my outburst when I learned of the trade..

    Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal were talking about Richardson on their podcast and they were trying to figure out his trade value as of today. 4th rounder is what they figured, and it's hard to argue with that.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

  2. #2
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,533
    I can't argue with that for a guy averaging 2.84 YPC as a Colt, with 2 TDs and a maximum single game output of 60 yards in 7 contests. It's safe to say Indy was expecting a lot more when they sent a 1st rounder to Cleveland.

  3. #3
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I feel like sending an apology note to Mike Lombardi and Coach Chud for my outburst when I learned of the trade..

    Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal were talking about Richardson on their podcast and they were trying to figure out his trade value as of today. 4th rounder is what they figured, and it's hard to argue with that.
    I have trouble believing you could get more than a 7th.

  4. #4
       
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,868
    Blog Entries
    32
    On the other hand, he supposedly has a "sure-fire hit" movie coming out.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,533
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    I have trouble believing you could get more than a 7th.
    He's a 23 year old RB coming off a 950yd 11TD season. He still has decent value.

  6. #6
       
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,544
    I'm sure his trade value is low. I wouldn't write him off just yet, though. Running backs can be late bloomers. The best example this season is Knowshon Moreno. Richardson is in a new offense, and also maybe he still needs to figure out what he needs to be in order to succeed in the NFL.
    Non-performing performance artist

  7. #7
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,576
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    He's a 23 year old RB coming off a 950yd 11TD season. He still has decent value.
    Yes, but the trade value of players goes down every year. Plus, his 950 yard season was below 4.0 YPC, he doesn't seem to have good hands, and his blitz pickup is average. Also, RBs are less valued on a draft scale than OGs these days.

  8. #8
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I'm sure his trade value is low. I wouldn't write him off just yet, though. Running backs can be late bloomers. The best example this season is Knowshon Moreno. Richardson is in a new offense, and also maybe he still needs to figure out what he needs to be in order to succeed in the NFL.
    Not that many running backs bloom late though. Typically these guys are done after 5 years or so.

    Bluntly - the Colts may have to draft a running back this spring.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

  9. #9
       
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Not that many running backs bloom late though. Typically these guys are done after 5 years or so.

    Bluntly - the Colts may have to draft a running back this spring.
    The ones who are used up, yes. But at this rate he won't be used up.
    Non-performing performance artist

  10. #10
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,869
    Blog Entries
    5
    As someone who was upset when they traded him, obviously the Browns look to have gotten the better of this deal. The bigger problem, I think, in moving Richardson isn't necessarily a team not wanting to part with a third-day pick. (Let's be honest, guys: for every one of them who catches on, there are dozens who never play a down or only play in a handful of games in their career, especially once you get past the fifth round.) Richardson looks ineffective, but he's still being paid like the third pick in the draft. Considering most teams have to think you could find a back performing the way Richardson is on the free agent market for the minimum--and the way he looks right now, they're right--why take on that paycheck even if you have the room?

    If the Colts were to cut him, he'd probably clear waivers for the same reason, but I'd be willing to bet someone would snap him up quickly to see if he has anything. The working theory, that I find fairly persuasive, is that the two knee surgeries he went through last offseason took a lot out of him; the only whole in that, though, is that while he wasn't explosive last year, he looked a hell of a lot better than this. Did the surgeries take twelve months only to cause him to suddenly deteriorate so magnificently? Shrug.
    @kocsan

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •