Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Zone Blitz- Andy Reid, The Disappointing Bengals, and Your Official Division

Blog Entries

Article: Zone Blitz- Andy Reid, The Disappointing Bengals, and Your Official Division

"I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

I'll have you know, I have not spent the entire day in my bathrobe pointing my wiener at Alex Smith fans and laughing.

That was not me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I'll have you know, I have not spent the entire day in my bathrobe pointing my wiener at Alex Smith fans and laughing.

That was not me.
    Yeah, right.

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

4. In a {totally bizarre move} which will {baffle absolutely everyone}, the Miami Dolphins and General Manager Jeff Ireland have {mutually decided to part ways}.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/0...m-ireland.html

Fans react.
    Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 01-07-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Sally Jenkins of the WaPo, who does good hit pieces, does a good hit piece on Robert Griffin III. The essence of the message is that Griffin is a finger-pointer who lost his teammates. Man, I understood that after winning three Super Bowls the devil would demand his due from the Redskins and the teams like the Browns have had it harder, but enough already!
    Non-performing performance artist

Think we need to have a full blown 2pt conversion thread, and a TO thread at some point this offseason.

I completely disagree with you Amy as there is a huge difference between 13pts or 12pts, where as getting to 14pts in that situation is not worth the risk of getting down to 12pts. Blowing 2 pt's conversions early tends to force teams to go for 2pt conversions later to tie games/get back to 3pt games, as would have been the case in the Packers/SF game. (to get back to 20SF-17GB).

My theory on game planing this is the better your offense/match-up, you want to extend games by keeping you within 1 score or as I am labeling it "possession equal"(8pts/3pts) at all times; conversely the worse your offense/match-is, you want to extend to 9pts/4pts. The obvious exception is towards end of games, you must maintain at least a 3pt lead to prevent a FG loss.

7. Oh, and clem, you might want to throw an edit at this post. You know, since I totally didn't just capture it for posterity and will {totally delete it later}. {totally}.

There are no secrets with this game, as it’s going to be a slugfest. SF has the experience, and with Crabtree back in the lineup, have a more explosive offense than the one Carolina faced two months ago. The Panthers are expected to have Steve Smith, but how effective he’ll be while dealing with a knee issue is anyone’s guess
    I don't see Kaepernick getting the room to run against the Panthers that he did against the Pack, but (the return of Steve Smith notwithstanding) there's just not a lot of offense going on here. If the defense gives up more than 20 points, doesn't get turnovers or lets Kaepernick and Bouldin get in a groove, this is going to be tough for the Panthers. If they get after Kaepernick like they got after Brees and Ryan, I like their chances.

T.Y. Hilton, who had over 200 yards and 2 TD. He was awesome.
    Still can't believe this. The Chiefs are a good defense, and T.Y. is pretty much all the Colts got. How the hell did this happen? I'm glad it did, but you know, they had one guy to worry about...
    The Colts have to come up with some other options this week--the Pats will not let T.Y. get away from them. Personally, I'd like to see more Da'Rick Rodgers.

CBS already has me annoyed as they keep bringing up the 1981 playoff game between these teams. Who cares?? It was over 30 years ago, it has no bearing on this game.
    I can't really talk about Bengals-Chargers anymore...I've stepped back from the ledge, but it's just too stinkin' depressing. However, as far as CBS talking about the 1981 AFC Championship--yeah, it had nothing to do with Sunday's game, but it's still the greatest day of my life as a sports fan; it was an amazing performance by my favorite team of all time (they honored the members of that '81 team before the game Sunday), and it was overshadowed by Montana, Dwight Clark, and "The Catch." So who cares? I sure as hell do

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Oh, and clem, you might want to throw an edit at this post. You know, since I totally didn't just capture it for posterity and will {totally delete it later}. {totally}.

Ummm... Uhhhhh... Yeah.. put that thing away "trigger"...

The scotch haze days of "Alexcuses" apparently run and die hard in niner land...

I'd say more but I'll keep it clean and pc for fp..

I'll just simply say this... What a set up for SOOOOO many inappropriate, non pc comments...
    Last edited by mikesteelnation1; 01-08-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Too much imediacy bias for the 49ers. How exactly are they scoring against the Panthers?
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte