Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows are Can't Miss for You? 2014 Edition

What TV Shows are Can't Miss for You? 2014 Edition

Football season ends tonight and it has become a bit of a tradition here at FP to open up a discussion about TV shows. I have kept watching Criminal Minds but beyond that I have cut ties with the rest of my old programming choices. I intend to go back to watching American Idol because rare talent is hard to find. I won't watch until they get to Hollywood, though. I don't care to see the train wrecks that occur during the auditions.

I am really liking HBO's True Detective. It is only three episodes in but showing promise. Episode two features a nude scene with Alexandra Daddario that will ring all the bells. She is smokin' hot.

After that, I need a fresh start with some new (to me) shows.

What are you going to be watching this offseason?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries

For my money, the best show on TV right now.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    I need some new shows to watch too. Watching GOT already. Other than that I don't have a lot on my plate yet.

I record:

Sherlock (PBS)
    Elementary (CBS)
    Masterpiece Mystery (a bunch of English shows air under that rubric) PBS
    The Crazy Ones (but to be honest, it's not very good and I might cut the cord.) CBS
    Dr. Who (BBC)
    Adult Swim's Eagleheart and Childrens Hospital (Cartoon Network)
    Agents of SHIELD (ABC)
    Big Break (Golf)
    Nova (PBS)
    Frontline (PBS)
    Louie (not sure when it's coming back) (FX)
    Non-performing performance artist

Blog Entries
    Other shows that I'm currently watching or will probably soon be watching, besides Game of Thrones:

Archer (FX)
    True Detective (HBO)
    Walking Dead (AMC)
    Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo)
    Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
    Survivor: Cagayan (CBS)
    Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey (FOX/NatGeo)
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

as far as new shows, I've really been enjoying Intelligence.

I either watch live or on demand:

How I met Your Mother
    2 Broke Girls
    Mom
    Sleepy Hollow
    The Blacklist
    Agents of Shield
    Person of Interest
    Trophy Wife
    The Goldbergs
    Arrow
    Revoloution
    The Tomorrow People
    Big Bang Theory
    The Millers
    The Crazy Ones
    Two and a Half Men
    The Michael J. Fox Show
    Scandal
    Hawaii Five O
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    The Walking Dead
    Once Upon A Time in Wonderland
    Whose line is it Anyway
    Brooklyn 99
    Dads
    Saturday Night Live
    Hollywood Game Night

Some very good shows on the list, a couple are just "pass the time" watches.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 02-03-2014 at 09:24 AM.

I think House of Cards is back in the next week or so on Netflix.

Geesus Bengals, how much time do you have left to pass after watching all those shows? haha

I'm generally weeks behind in viewing. I just finished Mob City. It was nice. I;ve been a noir fan since I was a child.

I'm watching Intelligence, Following and Black Sails. Looking forward to 24. I liked that show although I never saw it on tv, only on DVD.
    I did see Gilligans Island on tvland the other day. Life is good.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Geesus Bengals, how much time do you have left to pass after watching all those shows? haha

I'm generally weeks behind in viewing. I just finished Mob City. It was nice. I;ve been a noir fan since I was a child.

I'm watching Intelligence, Following and Black Sails. Looking forward to 24. I liked that show although I never saw it on tv, only on DVD.
    I did see Gilligans Island on tvland the other day. Life is good.

ha, more than half of those I watch online after the fact. There's only 6 on that list that I make a point to watch when they air, and even then many of those I can watch online if need be. With today's technology, there's barely a show where you have to worry about missing.

I also work from home, so I put stuff on while I work just so I'm not working in silence. Earlier I watched Saturday night live, and right now I'm watching Netflix. Many of them I'm more "listening than watching" though I put the ipad right below my computer screen so I can follow pretty well.. It's challenging watching action movies or shows though.

Since Intelligence and The Blacklist go up against one another I'll watch Intelligence tonight and The Blacklist will be up on the NBC app by tomorrow morning.

It's about knowing what to watch live and what can wait, lol. NBC and CW have stuff up on their apps the next morning. ABC used to be that way too, but now they are doing the 8 day wait thing like Fox. CBS' app isn't that good, but their stuff is usually up on the time warner cable app (which has shows from about 100 networks) after 3 or 4 days.

CBS is probably what I watch most of live since they, at the time I started doing it, were the hardest to get online. They've also got the best comedies which is nice. Most of the ABC stuff I watched live anyway since I like those shows.

Part of why I watch some of these shows is so I don't blow through Netflix shows so fast.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 02-03-2014 at 11:44 AM.