Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows are Can't Miss for You? 2014 Edition

1. Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    I tried that out too. I'll pass even though I really enjoyed the actress in the first season and a half of Smash. Made up airports (we have enough real ones). Going from mid town to the west side and crossing one of the landmark east side bridges is a Sharknado move. But the scene on the runway where she gets pulled from the car via a cat-5 cable connected to a flimsy laptop and then accidentally lands back in the car at 200 MPH? Too much, not buying it even a little bit.

I did like Gotham, which as I mentioned before means it's likely dead by Christmas.

Something my wife was watching while I was reading in the living room was called Forever and captured my attention. They've obviously got a pretty deep backstory ready to milk at any time, I wonder if they plan on doing Highlander like historical flashbacks.
    The ethernet cable thing was pretty cheesy.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    The ethernet cable thing was pretty cheesy.

it was cheesy, but at the same time I thought to myself "if it was the only way to save thousands of people I could see people trying just about anything."

The only part I actually thought was lame about it was, if you have only 7 seconds of clearance (and they obviously used way more than 7 seconds), why not just hand the laptop up to the pilot and let him do it? That would have made it more realistic. There was no reason the laptop had to stay with them in the car except for "it added drama"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    The only part I actually thought was lame about it was, if you have only 7 seconds of clearance (and they obviously used way more than 7 seconds), why not just hand the laptop up to the pilot and let him do it? That would have made it more realistic. There was no reason the laptop had to stay with them in the car except for "it added drama"
    I have now seen it. My wife and I disagree on the appeal of Katherine McPhee.

The ethernet cable thing? I'm not superfast, but I have knocked enough laptops to the ground to believe that before I believe that 56 airline pilots have forgotten how to land a plane by hand AND that the same Air Force that can send up its own planes hasn't taught those guys Morse code, providing a possible solution the problem in a more relaxed manner (or possibly just some kind of rudimentary follow-me hand signal, perhaps.)

Best thing about the episode for me was that the copilot who rode the wheel near the end was a regular on Numb3rs.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

My wife and I disagree on the appeal of Katherine McPhee.
    Ugh. I know nothing about her show, but I can't abide Kat McPhee. She ruined an entire season of Idol for me, back when I still cared.

There will be very little non-sports TV watched in my house until we work our way through The Roosevelts, which the rest of the world has probably already watched and forgotten. My husband and I have been on episode 2 for a week. It took us 2 weeks to watch part 1. This working for a living thing is a real nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    it was cheesy, but at the same time I thought to myself "if it was the only way to save thousands of people I could see people trying just about anything."

Adam Carolla recently had Nick Santora and Brian O'Connor on to talk about the show, which is loosely based on O'Connor's experience working with the government. It was a pretty entertaining podcast, and some of the projects O'Connor is working on now are very cool. He said he really did hack NASA to steal the plans of the Space Shuttle for his wall when he was a kid. Wow.

Anyway, you hit it on the head when you said it added drama. O'Connor basically tells them what went down, and Santora makes it more Hollywood. O'Connor feeds them the dialogue to make it sound reasonably authentic, and poof: show.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about giving some new shows a try, and at the top of my list right now are Hannibal and The Knick.

Any viewers of either of these programs that can tell me if I'm making a good decision?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

"Hannibal" is awesome. Haven't seen "The Knick."

Blog Entries
    If you ever found yourself wondering what Cookie Monster would be like as Rust Cohle, or how Elmo would play the role of Frank Underwood, then fret no more:

http://www.avclub.com/article/cookie...derwood-210056
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Spoiler-ish: The redheaded detective mom lady show is sinking fast. In three episodes it has gone from fun and about people to cop-y and about her and her former husband still being attracted to each other.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

I am trying to still enjoy Person of Interest. The "Root" character may just kill the whole show for me.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.