Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tony Gonzalez replaces Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Carton is the awful one on his radio show. Boomer is the only tolerable person on it.
    Isn't that one of the things on South Park?
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

2. Shannon Sharpe handles his termination gracefully:

“There’s no way I would ever complain,” Sharpe told Mike Klis of the Denver Post on Tuesday evening. “Am I sad and disappointed? Absolutely. But I’m grateful for the 10 years they did give me. They gave me the opportunity when I had no broadcasting experience. So I’m forever grateful what they did for me. I’ll be fine.”

“I’m going to work because I want to not because I have to. I can be a little more picky,” he said. “I don’t have to rush into anything because I’m under no financial strain or obligation. I’m going to weigh all my options.”
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I think Gonzalez will be good assuming he does his homework. Let's be honest, even if he is terrible it could still be an upgrade over Shannon Sharpe. I assume that Sharpe was on his way out anyway but if he still had any chance at all of keeping his job the SNL skit had to clinch it. You can't come back from something like that.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...-sharpe/n41628

Marino was ok but he always seemed mad, annoyed that everyone on the set wasn't automatically agreeing with everything he said.
    That bit of drool on the dude's chin distracted me throughout that entire skit.

When is Boomer's contract up? It may be that he only kept his job because of the timing.
    Non-performing performance artist

5. Bart Scott has also joined the NFL Today on CBS.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues