View Poll Results: Movie Draft Redux: Who drafted the best?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • KabaModernnFan

1 5.88%
  • Andy Freeland

1 5.88%
  • edave

0 0%
  • tubbs

1 5.88%
  • Biggie

6 35.29%
  • Bengals1181

4 23.53%
  • wxwax

1 5.88%
  • Trumpetbdw

1 5.88%
  • Ragar

0 0%
  • brauneyz

1 5.88%
  • Polish (Rich Gapinski)

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie Draft Redux: The Best of the Rest - Time to Pick a Winner

1. Movie Draft Redux: The Best of the Rest - Time to Pick a Winner

Time for a vote:
    Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 05-04-2014 at 03:59 AM.
    “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” – Lou Brock

2. Voting for yourself is, ummmmmm........... Weak
    “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” – Lou Brock

3. Bengals killed it. American Beauty that late was a great get.

Blog Entries
    I was very tempted to vote for both edave's (LA Confidential and Young Frankenstein, plus a sneaky good sequel in Ghostbusters II and wax's (12 Angry Men, North by Northwest, The Wild Bunch, and The French Connection) drafts, but I stuck with my original choice and voted for Patrick. Like I said in the discussion thread, I'm not mad about Bourne and Terminator, I saw at a time when it was a bit dated despite its revolutionary status when it was made, but the rest is his draft is full of stone-cold killers. Deer Hunter, Bridge on the River Kwai, Chinatown (!!), and Fistful of Dollars were all more than worthy of the first draft, and Fast Times and The Fugitive are both solid. Really great group to be picking from.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Lots of good lists here, including Polish, edave, Brauney, and wax among others. For me, it comes down to Bengals and Biggie. Back To The Future 2 (the list is missing the 2- an important distinction) was my least favorite by far of the 3, and is no classic. But as good as Biggie's list is, Bengals' appeals to me more.

Good stuff, guys (and gal).
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

All strong, all with at least one I dislike, and some with creative categorizing kaba and Andy.

The fact nobody took Empire Strikes Back nullifies the sequels list.
    Andy and wax took the wild card.
    Western was shockingly strong, except for brauneyz, who misspelled The Searchers.
    Biggie won the even stronger sci first fantasy horror category,, where this time brauneyz misspelled Conan The Barbarian (1982.)
    Wax and kaba took Classic.
    biggie, wax, and Rafael took comedy, with Andy getting bonus points for creativity.
    Dave and wax shared drama.
    wax and Bengals shared action.

Wax wins. Too many category wins to ignore, with a largely strong supporting performance.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Hmm people seem to like my movies more than I even did. Still wish I hadn't had a brain fart and taken True Grit over my intended Western, The Quick and the Dead. My last pick came down to American Beauty and Raging Bull, two movies who shouldn't have been there.

If I was forced to sit down and watch all of the movies of someone, which I think is the way to judge this, I think I'd have to go with Polish

wax also wins because I would enjoy watching almost the entire roster and sleep during Gravity.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    All strong, all with at least one I dislike, and some with creative categorizing kaba and Andy.

The fact nobody took Empire Strikes Back nullifies the sequels list.
    Andy and wax took the wild card.
    Western was shockingly strong, except for brauneyz, who misspelled The Searchers.
    Biggie won the even stronger sci first fantasy horror category,, where this time brauneyz misspelled Conan The Barbarian (1982.)
    Wax and kaba took Classic.
    biggie, wax, and Rafael took comedy, with Andy getting bonus points for creativity.
    Dave and wax shared drama.
    wax and Bengals shared action.

Wax wins. Too many category wins to ignore, with a largely strong supporting performance.
    Empire was taken in the 2nd round of the first draft.

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Hmm people seem to like my movies more than I even did. Still wish I hadn't had a brain fart and taken True Grit over my intended Western, The Quick and the Dead. My last pick came down to American Beauty and Raging Bull, two movies who shouldn't have been there.

If I was forced to sit down and watch all of the movies of someone, which I think is the way to judge this, I think I'd have to go with Polish
    I considered both, and Raging Bull was the runner up for my last pick. Yes, it lost to Pinocchio for some reason.

-Marion Motley