Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome New Members!

It was a thread started by Go basically trying to pump the nostalgia angle to win some sympathy and stem the bleeding, but where he pretended to be in support of others using other sites, and even went so far as to publish links to those sites. But it was all crap.

In the meantime, he disabled 1181's ability to PM, so that he couldnt contact or communicate with other members, which is the only means people had to sign up here because this site doesnt allow open registration (for whatever reason).

And then that threat devolved like every other on that site, and finally 1181 came in and broadcast what had transpired, and then they promptly locked that thread lol.

I sucks to have your house burn down, but people gather to watch because, well, it's kind of fascinating when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    Does anyone post links to watch games on-line anymore? I went to go site and didn't see it anywhere, and I'm not sure where I should ask on this site... thought I'd start here. Anyone?
    1181 usually posts links to the games on gameday in that thread. Firstrow sports often has them. I'll check around.

And they didn't just lock the thread. They actually removed it!

4. Or moved it to the general forum....

Just let them be. Let them dig their own grave if they want.

They are deleting each one of my posts now. They've also deleted a number of other posts in at least the Superman thread, presumably in an effort to turn back time.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    LOL they locked the thread on the other site.

1181, that was among the better takedowns I've seen. You should be commended for exercising restraint as long as you did, but also for coming out and calling out.

I DO think you should post some kind of dedicated email address at the top of this thread so people can contact you to join. It was an ordeal reaching you, and now that you've been blocked from PM'ing on GB, new folks wouldn't have had any way of contacting you because they can't post openly on this site to make a request (and the sign up feature is disabled).

there was no intended takedown, and I wish it all could have been handled privately. But its not fair to continue to talk about people publicly and it just go on when they can't privately talk to you about it. If I could talk to him privately I would have, and would prefer to keep it all private.

The air just needed to be cleared. We're not doing anything sneaky or trying to hurt anyone's feelings. Like I said in the thread, this place was never out to cause trouble, but I'm also not going to sit back and let someone tell lies publicly about me.

I won't censor you guys if you have comments, but let's try not to talk about one site on the other. If you absolutely must say something in your opinion, keep it relegated to this thread. I'd prefer we just talk about today's game and that be that.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 11-23-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    They are deleting each one of my posts now. They've also deleted a number of other posts in at least the Superman thread, presumably in an effort to turn back time.

I haven't been over there since this morning, so I don't know what you've posted, but please don't try making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    Does anyone post links to watch games on-line anymore? I went to go site and didn't see it anywhere, and I'm not sure where I should ask on this site... thought I'd start here. Anyone?

yea give me a second and I'll get you squared away. Just got home from church, the grocery and other things and still playing catch up.

Okay. I'm all caught up now. It was a continuation of that thread that was created around when I left that board.

Ah well... I wonder if we could create a Facebook group page for people to like and request signup here. We could sticky a post with the link to the Facebook page. That way, people don't need to 'skulk' around in PM's, and no one has to be posting their private email information.

...Although, I don't know how to set up those groups. Anyone got a teenage kid who could set that up for us?