Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to the Minnesota Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    He's a nickel guy. Just a guy. Seven year vet. He's a journeyman, depth kind of guy that can step in and start if he has to. Not known as a special teams ace or anything, he's the kind of player you're always trying to upgrade from. The most interesting thing about Sapp is that his wikipekia profile already has him as a Dolphin. This internet works pretty good.
    Funny you mention the Wikipedia thing, I saw that a little while ago.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

By the way, Thanks for the info. It doesn't sound like a very good value for us. I think he's just going to hold the fort down until Will Allen gets healthy, but if that's the case and he's just temporary I think that's even worse.

The Dolphins have a lot of potential in the secondary, but they are all very young with the exception of Bell.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

Quote Originally Posted by PhinsJunkie View Post
    Scott, I just don't get it. The great teams stockpile talent at several positions, but we have a long history of giving up early on guys and they go on to pro bowl careers. Shula did that with Tony Martin who went on to have several 1000 yard seasons for the Falcons.
    It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Though being as I am aligned otherwise, I don't mind, except for those occasions when someone like Wlker goes to another team in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    He's a nickel guy. Just a guy. Seven year vet. He's a journeyman, depth kind of guy that can step in and start if he has to. Not known as a special teams ace or anything, he's the kind of player you're always trying to upgrade from. The most interesting thing about Sapp is that his wikipedia profile already has him as a Dolphin. This internet works pretty good.
    Spot on analysis... he's definitely a player whose expendable for the Vikings, at this point... Winfield, Allen, Cook, Sheppard all as good or better than Sapp.

Camarillo should fit in well with Favre and the Vikings offense: dependable receiver, decent route runner, who's showed flashes of ability the last couple years... reminds me of Bill Schroeder

Two things I take away from this:

1) The Vikings have a lot of confidence in the rookie Chris Cook, and are hoping that Winfield can stay healthy (remember Cedric Griffen tore his ACL against the Saints last year!)

2) Even though I don't think this trade is as lop-sided as some of you do, I do like it for the Vikings. Camarillo is a solid third option at receiver and good insurance for Rice's injury and Harvin's migraine problems. Sapp has improved a lot as a CB, but he always seemed to be liable for 1-2 absolutely boneheaded/terrible plays a game.
    [I]"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be forgotten."[/I]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by souza View Post
    Spot on analysis... he's definitely a player whose expendable for the Vikings, at this point... Winfield, Allen, Cook, Sheppard all as good or better than Sapp.

Camarillo should fit in well with Favre and the Vikings offense: dependable receiver, decent route runner, who's showed flashes of ability the last couple years... reminds me of Bill Schroeder
    Favre could turn him into Antonio Freeman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cobber66 View Post
    Sapp has improved a lot as a CB, but he always seemed to be liable for 1-2 absolutely boneheaded/terrible plays a game.
    The Packers second year corner Brandon Underwood said the other day regarding his development and about taking the next step "I can't be good for 30 or 40 plays and then have a breakdown", you have be consistently in position, and you have to make plays.

This is a good trade for the Vikings, though I cannot see a reason for Miami to have done this. They did Minnesota a favor giving them an effective WR and only got a situational defensive back out of the deal. At this point the trade seems very one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    This is a good trade for the Vikings, though I cannot see a reason for Miami to have done this. They did Minnesota a favor giving them an effective WR and only got a situational defensive back out of the deal. At this point the trade seems very one sided.
    The only thing I can take away from this as a positive is that the Dolphins must feel very good about our receiving corps in order to make this move. It seems Bess and Hartline are clearly the 2 and 3 WR and there was not room for Camarillo. Plus I've heard some good things from camp about Patrick Turner.

I have not heard of Patrick Turner. Is he a rookie? If so, do you know where he went to school?