Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to the Minnesota Vikings.

The Dolphins Trade Greg Camarillo to the Minnesota Vikings.

This has the memory of the Wes Welker trade to the Pats written all over it. The owner of a combined 105 catches the past two seasons, Camarillo should help to solidify a banged up Minnesota receiving corps. Working with Brett Favre, it wouldn't be surprising if he has a career year in 2010.

Why the Phins continue to do this is beyond me...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsJunkie View Post
    Why the Phins continue to do this is beyond me...
    Perhaps Parcells believes it's still 1980, and a third wide receiver is for buying the doughnuts on Monday?

Blog Entries
    Posted about this on the Vikings thread, didn't see you were in this already. From the Dolphins perspective, Benny Sapp isn't much, it seems like they got the short end of this. Is their secondary in that tough of a condition that they need Benny Sapp? If so, smooth move.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Perhaps Parcells believes it's still 1980, and a third wide receiver is for buying the doughnuts on Monday?
    Scott, I just don't get it. The great teams stockpile talent at several positions, but we have a long history of giving up early on guys and they go on to pro bowl careers. Shula did that with Tony Martin who went on to have several 1000 yard seasons for the Falcons.

Well Camarillo had slipped to a likely 4th spot on the depth chart. I love that guy and you could put him in the ring for his catch that saved our hides in '07, but I always knew his days were getting numbered as the Phins brought in more receivers. This means 2 things to me: 1) The Dolphins really like either Wallace or Moore or both. 2) The Dolphins are really concerned about Will Allens knee and him being ready to go. The Player they are trading for is Benny Sapp. I don't know anything about him but he is a corner with a lot of time in the nickle.

The Vikings are getting a good one in Camarillo. Last year in 73 targets Camarillo had ZERO drops. The best in the NFL for that many targets. Camarillo and Welker have alot of similarities in the way they play, Cams not quite as shifty but they are very similar. Also they were both Undrafted and the Dolphins got both of them off of San Diego.

I'm glad he's going to a good team with a chance, he's a class act.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Posted about this on the Vikings thread, didn't see you were in this already. From the Dolphins perspective, Benny Sapp isn't much, it seems like they got the short end of this. Is their secondary in that tough of a condition that they need Benny Sapp? If so, smooth move.
    We are set at secondary. We've got two young guys who remind me of the Madison and Surtain days. I have never heard of Benny Sapp but hopefully he proves worth it. Camarillo saved us from going 0-16 during our 1-15 year. He was arguably our best player that year.

Bluestree, what do you know about this guy Sapp? I've never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinindian View Post
    Well Camarillo had slipped to a likely 4th spot on the depth chart. I love that guy and you could put him in the ring for his catch that saved our hides in '07, but I always knew his days were getting numbered as the Phins brought in more receivers. This means 2 things to me: 1) The Dolphins really like either Wallace or Moore or both. 2) The Dolphins are really concerned about Will Allens knee and him being ready to go. The Player they are trading for is Benny Sapp. I don't know anything about him but he is a corner with a lot of time in the nickle.

The Vikings are getting a good one in Camarillo. Last year in 73 targets Camarillo had ZERO drops. The best in the NFL for that many targets. Camarillo and Welker have alot of similarities in the way they play, Cams not quite as shifty but they are very similar. Also they were both Undrafted and the Dolphins got both of them off of San Diego.

I'm glad he's going to a good team with a chance, he's a class act.
    Tinindian, you're right. I have no doubt he's gonna fill a big role for the Vikings. It seems our ex GM over there in Minnesota is still hurting our roster...

Freakin' Speilman! I just wish I knew more about this Sapp guy. Is he a decent nickle guy or did we trade a solid slot receiver for trash?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinindian View Post
    Bluestree, what do you know about this guy Sapp? I've never heard of him.
    He's a nickel guy. Just a guy. Seven year vet. He's a journeyman, depth kind of guy that can step in and start if he has to. Not known as a special teams ace or anything, he's the kind of player you're always trying to upgrade from. The most interesting thing about Sapp is that his wikipedia profile already has him as a Dolphin. This internet works pretty good.