Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Bengals Related Posts Thread

and in case you missed it:

What Actor Would Play You?

yikes, NFL Live just completely botched the Bengals offensive stats. Said they were 2nd in rushing and 28th in offense last season.

The truth? They were 8th in passing, 18th in rushing.

I really hope that was a stats error and not purposely faulty stats to perpetuate their final line of "Andy Dalton needs to take pressure off of the Bengals running game."

The exact opposite is true. Dalton was 3rd in the league in touchdowns last season. The Bengals running game was 27th in yards per carry last season.

@JordanRaanan: Victor Hampton also getting look from #Bengals Tuesday, before #Giants. Hampton interesting (but troubled) prospect. http://t.co/ezbIAZ48V7

Hampton will work out for the Giants on Wednesday, two individuals with knowledge of the situation told NJ.com. He is also scheduled to try out for the Bengals on Tuesday.

The 5-foot-9, 197-pound cornerback has a troubled background. He was kicked off three high school teams, arrested following a dispute with his sister in April and questioned in connection with a New York nightclub fight prior to the draft. Hampton also didn't start in two games for the Gamecocks last year for violation of team rules.

Combine the off-the-field troubles with the 4.69 seconds Hampton posted in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine and it has led to him being without a job as teams get close to wrapping up OTAs and minicamp. There are considerable concerns with investing a draft pick or signing bonus on such a player.

But Hampton does have potential as a man-coverage cornerback or a free safety convert. That likely intrigues Reese and the Giants. The NFL advisory board reportedly told him he'd likely be a second or third-round pick following a junior season where he tallied 51 tackles and three interceptions. Instead, he's available in June with no strings attached.
    Last edited by Zins30; 06-09-2014 at 05:15 PM.

hmm I thought hampton had gotten drafted late. A number of mocks had him going to the Bengals. I never could find too much video on him.

Hmm, id consider him. Probably wouldnt make the team but could be a PS option.

Unless they convert him to FS and he shows potential there.

Dan Hoard@Dan_Hoard 1h
    Kudos to Marvin Lewis and #Bengals for hosting honor roll students at the zoo (including mine). #WhoDey http://instagram.com/p/pC2ZSzzJ8m/

Darian Daily@whodeyturf 3h
    The prep for the 2014 @Bengals season has started. Stripping has begun. #Bengals #LetsRoar pic.twitter.com/KJAOebZR8M
    from Cincinnati, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Dan Hoard@Dan_Hoard 1h
    Kudos to Marvin Lewis and #Bengals for hosting honor roll students at the zoo (including mine). #WhoDey http://instagram.com/p/pC2ZSzzJ8m/
    Dan Hoard owns a zoo? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Dan Hoard owns a zoo? Wow!
    yes, Matt Damon played him in the movie.