Thread: Eric Ebron really, really needs to stop talking and just play ball

1. Eric Ebron really, really needs to stop talking and just play ball

Two weeks into training camp and Lions TE Eric Ebron has proclaimed he has broken through.

"I've already hit my rookie wall," he said. "I felt like that last week of the learning process and getting over the curve, that was it for me. Now it's about staying true to who I am and doing everything that got me here, and better."
    His response to criticism of his play (including a tendency to have what the new coaching staff terms "concentration drops"):

"I love it," Ebron said, per the Detroit Free Press. "I love when people talk about me -- that way when I prove you wrong it looks bad on you not me. I love it. Every bit of it."
    Confidence is good. But arrogance is dangerous. Vocalizing said arrogance is stupid.

Dear Mr. Ebron -

Shut it. Shut it and play. Quiet your critics with on-field performance, not when you are standing in front of someone with a recording device.

Signed,

Lions fans
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

if he's hitting his rookie wall in the first week of training camp...dude's not going to last very long.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    if he's hitting his rookie wall in the first week of training camp...dude's not going to last very long.
    He actually thinks he has broken through the rookie wall. I seem to remember Reggie Bush running his mouth in a similar fashion his first year in New Orleans.

This **** drives me nuts. Ebron is learning TE, WR1, WR2, slot receiver and even a little FB. There is no way a guy learning so many new position - who has not taken a live snap in so much as a friggin preseason game - has broken though the proverbial rookie wall.
    Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 08-06-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues