Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: How Do You FP?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    Usually when I'm in the field for work, I only check in during the evening using an IPad. Recently, I've been on a monitoring job where there's a lot of down time and I've been reading on my phone, but not posting much because it's a pain. But this is my first post using Forum Runner and I fear you guys will be subject to more of my blatherings because FR makes everything way easier.

    yes, yes. I don't post from my phone so I don't have it, but everyone here who does says the Forum Runner app is a must have!

  2. #12
    For people that use forum runner. Is there a way to save The bengals team page as a bookmark or something so that every time the app loads you don't have to search for football pros then click
    All the way through to the bengals page?

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    For people that use forum runner. Is there a way to save The bengals team page as a bookmark or something so that every time the app loads you don't have to search for football pros then click All the way through to the bengals page?
    Disregard I figured it out. In settings you can turn it in to go to the last forum you were in when it opens up.


    Edit: hmmm it didn't work still??

  4. #14
    I typically read and sometimes post early in the morning or late at night (I'm in TX). And occasionally from work.

    Typically read and post from my iPad. 1181, you do a great job posting news, etc.

    I do go to GB occasionally but for the most part, I just don't like the negative, sometimes condescending tone and snipe-y comments of some of the posters there. And I got tired of people patting themselves on the back for "calling" this player's performance and stuff like that. I mean, whatever!

    Bottom line, I'm just interested in news on the team, and getting people's perspectives and opinions - and for me, this site does it just fine. I don't want to speak for others, but my sense is that the posters to this site feel similarly, and even if they don't post a lot, they still find the site a valuable resource.

    Even though I try to read various sites with Bengals news, there's absolutely no way I'd be able to match the info that's on the site. And for that, I'm very appreciative of the community here, especially since I live far away from Cincinnati and have no occasion to go there, and don't know Bengal fans close by (not a complaint, just a fact).

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I typically read and sometimes post early in the morning or late at night (I'm in TX). And occasionally from work.

    Typically read and post from my iPad. 1181, you do a great job posting news, etc.

    I do go to GB occasionally but for the most part, I just don't like the negative, sometimes condescending tone and snipe-y comments of some of the posters there. And I got tired of people patting themselves on the back for "calling" this player's performance and stuff like that. I mean, whatever!

    Bottom line, I'm just interested in news on the team, and getting people's perspectives and opinions - and for me, this site does it just fine. I don't want to speak for others, but my sense is that the posters to this site feel similarly, and even if they don't post a lot, they still find the site a valuable resource.

    Even though I try to read various sites with Bengals news, there's absolutely no way I'd be able to match the info that's on the site. And for that, I'm very appreciative of the community here, especially since I live far away from Cincinnati and have no occasion to go there, and don't know Bengal fans close by (not a complaint, just a fact).
    want more content? less content? just right?

    Are you reading/posting on a mobile device?


    Just trying to get an idea of what everyone's looking for and what will keep the conversation going consistently. As I was telling someone else yesterday, there's something not right when a Vontaze Burfict deal announcement gets posted and its nearly 30 minutes before someone comments on it.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 08-22-2014 at 05:56 PM.

  6. #16
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    For people that use forum runner. Is there a way to save The bengals team page as a bookmark or something so that every time the app loads you don't have to search for football pros then click
    All the way through to the bengals page?
    The answer is yes.

    1. Navigate to the Bengals sub forum.
    2. Press the button in the upper right hand corner (it will have options for: Refresh Page, New Thread, Mark As Read, Add To Favorites, Logout, Home, Cancel)
    3. Select "Add To Favorites"

    When you start up the FR App in the future, you will an icon shortcut to the Bengals sub forum. It makes everything WAY EASIER.
    Last edited by mongo; 08-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.

  7. #17
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,296
    And to consolidate my post from the other thread:

    I use it as I used to use GB. For me, I think my slow periods have come from either real life, or from a lack of posts that interest me. I don't have control over the real life stuff, but the posts will naturally get more interesting when the games and Bengals information matters.

    As much as the off season sucks, I just have a hard time carring about any of the bubble guys. After the first few training camp days, they all started to blur together for me, too. I would check to see if anyone got hurt, but haven't concerned myself too much with the details. And I can only read so many human interest stories about guys who won't make the team.

    When they start using live ammunition, when there's game day, post gameday thoughts, prep on the next team, predictions, etc... That's when I think I'll start to hit a real posting stride.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    The answer is yes. 1. Navigate to the Bengals sub forum. 2. Press the button in the upper right hand corner (it will have options for: Refresh Page, New Thread, Mark As Read, Add To Favorites, Logout, Home, Cancel) 3. Select "Add To Favorites" When you start up the FR App in the future, you will an icon shortcut to the Bengals sub forum. It makes everything WAY EASIER.
    Has anyone told you lately you are the man mongo!!

    Appreciate the help!

  9. #19
    So much more convenient, even though it only saves about 10 seconds it adds up!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    So much more convenient, even though it only saves about 10 seconds it adds up!

    Hey, if saving 10 seconds gets you to post more...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •