Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You FP?

How Do You FP?

I'm looking to get some feedback from folks as far as how we can make this as user friendly for everyone.

Some of us have noticed that, despite having a decent amount of posters, that this place can go through some abnormally slow periods.

So, please answer the questions below and also share any relevant comments below (seriously, say something!).

When do you typically visit the site? Morning, Afternoon, Late, All Day?

Do you visit on a mobile device or from a PC?

If you visit via mobile device, do you use the Forum Runner app?

Do you come to FP primarily for the news content, or for the discussion?

Do you feel FP currently has too much news content, preventing quality conversation?

Are you sick and tired of logging in to see "Bengals1181" as the last post of every thread? (he is. )

For those of you who primarily lurk, why? Nothing to say? Time constraint? Functionality of the site? Waiting for real football?

What do you like least about this place?

What do you want this place to be?

There's 41 of us here, almost all of who were pretty active back "home". About 15-20 come to the site daily, but only 10 or so that post on a regular basis. Let's get to the heart of why that is.

If you're reading this, please chime in. No comment is too small.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 08-22-2014 at 10:16 AM.

See the other thread.

haha, not sure why two got posted.

This is the one that matters.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuump.

Since I am West Coast, I suppose my times are Afternoon and Late.

Come for discussion, but getting news stories is the best way to generate that

I am on PCs. The only user interface issue I have is that I wish there was a way to get a thread refreshed from the bottom of the page. I have to hit Top/Bengals with a wait for the page to refresh. The quick navigator doesn't seem quick, perhaps I am using it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcat View Post
    Since I am West Coast, I suppose my times are Afternoon and Late.

Come for discussion, but getting news stories is the best way to generate that

I am on PCs. The only user interface issue I have is that I wish there was a way to get a thread refreshed from the bottom of the page. I have to hit Top/Bengals with a wait for the page to refresh. The quick navigator doesn't seem quick, perhaps I am using it wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean?

When I'm done reading a thread, to get to another thread I have to go to the top of the page, using the Top button or scrollng, then hit Bengals in the title on the top of the page. The quick navigation button that says Bengals on it at the bottom opens a scrolling list, which I find slower since the Bengals thread is near the bottom. What would be nice is a way to go to the Bengals page from the bottom of the page.

oh I get ya. Yea I do that too when I post something. Using the top button is pretty quick though IMO.

I pretty much went away all together from GB forum in the months leading up to the Brat fiasco. I tried to go back but just lost interest in even reading the majority of posts and comments. I guess I got used to not commenting much over the last couple of years. And this year I haven't been able to follow training camp / preseason to offer much commentary. Hope for that to change!

Usually when I'm in the field for work, I only check in during the evening using an IPad. Recently, I've been on a monitoring job where there's a lot of down time and I've been reading on my phone, but not posting much because it's a pain. But this is my first post using Forum Runner and I fear you guys will be subject to more of my blatherings because FR makes everything way easier.