Thread: Addai Concussed?

Addai Concussed?

Was just reading that Joseph Addai sustained a concussion in the third quarter of last nights pre-season game with Green Bay.

Is there any particular reason the starters were playing so late in the game? If this we week 16 they would've already been out to dinner (). What implications does this have for the running game, which admittedly didn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of defensive coordinators everywhere?
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by TheLinc View Post
    Was just reading that Joseph Addai sustained a concussion in the third quarter of last nights pre-season game with Green Bay.

Is there any particular reason the starters were playing so late in the game? If this we week 16 they would've already been out to dinner (). What implications does this have for the running game, which admittedly didn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of defensive coordinators everywhere?
    Addai was hurt making a tackle of Robert Francois after Francois scooped up a fumble by Peyton Manning when the quarterback was hit stepping up in the pocket.

Addai ran down Francois, but came down hard making the tackle at the Colts 2. He described his injury more of just getting the wind knocked out of him.

"I just had to catch my breath. I was fine," Addai said. "If I needed to go back in, I could've, I was straight."

Addai walked slowly to a cooler and sat with his head in a towel while trainers spoke with him. After a few minutes, he paced the far end of the Colts' sideline watching the action and later was talking with Adam Vinatieri and Clint Session
    "It's nothing," Addai said after the game. "I was fine. I just got a little dizzy, but I was cool."

so far so good on Jos but agree totally on the lack of another runner,Donald Brown whom the colts are really counting on has not looked good at all,the whispers have started,mind you preseason whispers.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Addai really came up on the wrong end of that collision. Francois laying the hammer!

Addai looked like he was out cold when he hit the ground. Didn't look like he was using his hands or body to cradle the fall. He just fell flat on his face. What else is he going to say? It's well documented that players downplay concussions. He's been playing really well this preseason, and I think this is his first one, but he and the organization need to be careful. I'm more worried about the protection problems, personally.

There was also a second concussion (Jacob Lacy) on defense. Gary Brackett's hand x-ray was reportedly negative, for anyone else following injury news from last night.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear the positive news about Brackett, hope Addai and Lacy are minor, sounds like it but you can't take the player at their word on that.

Is there any particular reason the starters were playing so late in the game?
    I don't know about the Colts, but it's not unusual for a team to give the #1's a series after the half one time in the preseason. It did seem to me that the Colt's O was playing tight, possibly because of the rhythm problems with the ump setting the ball. Under those conditions it may have been wiser to get the starters out, but hindsight is 20-20. Manning was qbviously very frustrated, not sure how much was with the refs and the rule change and how much was with his teamates, which at times seemed to have communication problems. This rule change may require a subtle change in the pace of the Colt's offense. It does seem to me like it kills the "hurry up" offense until the final 2 minutes. You can't "hurry up" if you have to "wait a sec."