Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AFC Playoff predictions

1. East: Pats
    North: Ravens
    South: Colts
    West: Chargers
    Wildcard: Titans
    Wildcard: Jets

Teams that I'm pretty sure won't be anywhere near the playoffs: Bills, Chiefs, Browns
    Teams that might take a step backward: Steelers, Bengals, Broncos
    Teams probably one year away from the leap: Raiders, Dolphins, Texans
    No idea what to think about these guys: Jags, Bills (can they get worse? can they get better? I don't know!)

I just can't see the Steelers overcoming the offseason shenanigans. I think this stuff is going to hang around their necks like a freakish albatross.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
    Ha. I love the Cleveland pick. Go big or go home. Jake the Snake to the rescue. If they make the playoffs I am sending you a FPL t-shirt. We don't have any yet, but I figure by the time the Browns make the playoffs, we will.
    As Chris Berman says, "that's why they play the games"....

3. I will follow the rules because usually there is 50% turnover in the playoffs every year. Only once in the past 7 seasons has there been less than 50% turnover in the playoffs (2004).
    2009-6 new playoff teams
    2008-7 new playoff teams
    2007-6 new playoff teams
    2006-7 new playoff teams
    2005-7 new playoff teams
    2004-5 new playoff teams
    2003-8 new playoff teams

AFC East-Miami
    AFC North-Balt
    AFC South-Indy
    AFC West-Denver
    WC-Houston, Pittsburgh

That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I saw all of Henne's games last season. I believe in him. Yes he did make mistakes, but that is typical of a first year starter. I think he will throw less picks this season and get his completion percentage even higher. He completed 67% his last 4 starts. He will continue that trend. I love Baltimore's moves. They are stacked right now at WR, so they can open up the offense even more. The D is already good. Indy just gets in the playoffs every year with Manning. He may have the most weapons he has ever had this season. The D gets help with their first round pick from TCU. If it wasn't for the rules, I personally wouldn't be picking Denver. But it might be a good choice since SD has had a lot of turmoil this offseason. Houston has to do something this season or Kubiak is toast. Pitt still has a great D that will keep them in the games that the cretin will miss.

If the rules weren't in place, I would probably have it like this. But the one above looks not bad.
    AFC East-Miami
    AFC North-Balt
    AFC South-Indy
    AFC West-SD
    WC-Houston, NYJ

Pats, Ravens, Chargers, Colts

WC:Jets, Texans

The Ravens are my pick to represent the AFC in the SB.

EAST Sophomore Blues will rule Sanchez. The Jet remind me of the Bear about 5 years ago. Great defense but a questionable offense. Relying on L.T. could be disasterous. I don't think the Chargers got rid of him because of $$$. If B. Edwards becomes the Pro Bowler he was in Cleveland. Maybe. I think New England will make one final run as Division Champs. The Dophins take 2nd in the division with a better balance team. The Jets defense doesn't win more than a game or two and Sanchez suffers Sophomore Blues and get 3rd in the division and the Bills the doormat.

North Steelers have alot of holes and Big Ben can't touch the ball until game 5. Cincinnati will come back down to the ground this year. Cleveland might improve but I don't see playoffs. Baltimore has this division to lose.

South I think this is were all the playoff teams come from. Colts, Titans and Texans run the playoffs. When the season is over Jacksonville will be packing for a new home.

West This is a two team battle but I think San Diego has more weapons and a better defense than Denver.

1. Colts
    2. Ravens
    3. Patriots
    4. Chargers
    5. Titans
    6. Texans
    Last edited by davethepanther; 07-07-2010 at 09:27 AM.

6. Henne

I watched every second of every Dolphins game last year, and most of Henne's interceptions, especially at the end of the year, came when Miami was pretty much out of the game and Defenses knew we were throwing the ball. Check out how many attempts he had in the last 6 or 7 games. Fact is, he was great in close games (Pats, Jets, Bucs) and showed more promise than any QB we've had since Marino. Please dont diminish our hope.

7. Right on MiamiMitch! Henne is our first real hope at qb since Marino, although I did have a spot for fielder. If our running game can stay as good and the defense improves slightly, we don't need that much improvment from henne. Go fish!

I will do my picks later--but your are right about the Ravens. Only question for them is at QB...
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Mordeci View Post
    Dolphins, Bengals, Texans, Broncos
    WC: Ravens, Jets

and for those that think I left out the Colts and Chargers just so I could include the Bengals. That's exactly right. So?
    is this your tecmo bowl predictions cause that isnt happening

1. Colts
    2. Chargers
    3. Ravens
    4. Jets
    5. Patriots
    6. Dolphins

Just missed: Texans, Bengals, Jaguars
    Few games away: Steelers, Titans, Broncos
    4-5 games away: Browns, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs
    Awful: Bills
    [URL="http://www.reservationforsix.com"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="red"]www.reservationforsix.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]