Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 draft

2004 draft

After swapping 1st round picks with the Broncos for Deltha O'Neal, the Bengals had the 24th overall pick. They traded down from 24 to 26 to take RB Chris Perry, at 24 the Rams took RB Steven Jackson.

PFT is reporting that Chris Perry just got cut by the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the UFL.

Surprisingly, the Lions selected a receiver that year.

The 49'ers took Rashaun Woods. Career total: 7 catches.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the Packers took Ahmad Carrol with the 25th pick. huuuhhhhh, blecccck, bluuuuurg, (more vomit sounds) Oh well, 1 year later they picked up some scrub surfer from Cal who had a weird throwing motion that would doom him in the NFL. Wonder what happened to him. Doesn't matter, they said he wouldn't play good in cold weather anyways...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

How do you get cut from the UFL!!?

Blog Entries
    Ugh, the Ravens drafted Devard Darling in the 3rd Round that year. Excuse me, I have to go sponsor his page on pro-football-reference and leave a nasty remark.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Devard Darling, a Washington State Cougar, just like Ryan Leaf. Thought I would add that.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    How do you get cut from the UFL!!?

Don't know how accurate it is, but I read that his mom recently passed and he basically blew off their training camp, leading to him being cut.

Won't knock Steven Jackson at all. He's a monster. I'll say though, when healthy (which unfortunately wasn't often) Chris Perry was a dynamic RB and perfect complement to Rudi. Deltha O'Neal was also a pro bowler that year. The Bengals don't make the playoffs without the two of them.

Andy, just to clarify, the Bengals had the 17th pick that year and traded it to Denver for the 24th pick and Deltha. Then they traded down from 24 to 26 with St. Louis and got a 4th rounder that they used on Stacy Andrews

So they basically got Perry, O'neal and Andrews from the value of their first round pick. In 2005 it was a great deal and helped them reach the playoffs. Now, its kind of a disappointment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    Devard Darling, a Washington State Cougar, just like Ryan Leaf. Thought I would add that.
    Now THAT is accuracy in research...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    This has to mean something, doesn't it?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

I sometimes like to make draft class teams on Madden and when making the 2003 draft I realized it was an amazing draft for defensive backs. These are all the guys drafted at DB in 2003 in order:

Terence Newman
    Marcus Trufant
    Troy Polamalu
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Rashean Mathis
    Asante Samuel
    Ike Taylor
    Yeremiah Bell

There are quite a few others that are also starters but whose names don't stand out as much as the others. Crazy how many #1 CBs are in that draft.
    Last edited by Wordsworth; 08-31-2010 at 10:51 PM.