Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Random Ramblings

Wasn't sure where to put this, but a few quick things:

1. Somehow I was watching a little college FB (which I always do, but not usually randomly) and I saw that the DC for Central Florida is... Former Bengal DC Chuck Breshnahan. Funny.

2. Watching NFL Turning Point show on NBCSN last week. They had Carson Palmer miked up for the Bengals game... At one point I hear: "50? He can't cover ME!" Gotta love AJ.

so after every Bengals victory this year, we've gotten "Victory Chipotle" for dinner.

I don't know if the girl at the register just really likes me, or is just really bad at her job, but tonight was AT LEAST the third time she forgot to charge me for my burrito.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    so after every Bengals victory this year, we've gotten "Victory Chipotle" for dinner. I don't know if the girl at the register just really likes me, or is just really bad at her job, but tonight was AT LEAST the third time she forgot to charge me for my burrito.
    I'm just reading this now, but perhaps she was sorry for the ecoli that she knew you were about to ingest?

Jk I love Chipotkle too. Just catching up on things during the slow period...

wrong spot

FYI Eiferts little brother is a walk on sophomore on the Purdue team in the Sweet Sixteen.

Totally off topic. I went to the FC Cincinnati match against Columbus Crew. Boy, do those guys make the off season easier to handle!

30K people, and a win. It was cool.

The part that really struck me, though, was after the game. Jeff Berding, Carl Lindner III, and head coach Alan Koch all went to Mecklenburgs Garden to celebrate with fans. Could you imaging Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Marvin Lewis partying with fans after a big win?

That's pretty darned cool!

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Totally off topic. I went to the FC Cincinnati match against Columbus Crew. Boy, do those guys make the off season easier to handle!

30K people, and a win. It was cool.

The part that really struck me, though, was after the game. Jeff Berding, Carl Lindner III, and head coach Alan Koch all went to Mecklenburgs Garden to celebrate with fans. Could you imaging Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Marvin Lewis partying with fans after a big win?

That's pretty darned cool!
    That is cool. Pro soccer is a really nice night out - cheaper than the more major sports, and the chance to watch really skilled athletes.

One of my "sports bucket list" items is to see a Premier League or other top European league game. From what I understand, the fans go nuts and they get huge crowds, especially for the higher-profile games.

And I'm not sure I'd want to party with Mike and Katie even if they did make the offer.