Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings

so let's have a random crap thread where people can say whatever they want.

Ever have one of those days? I'm having one of those days.

Christmas is invading my house!

Damn sorry yo.... I'm having a racism conversation....

This dude is complaining about people throwing racist accusations around (the Ferguson, MO case)... And this idiot brought up an Equal Opportunity complaint against a man (my former First Sergeant, he was Cuban) because he was discriminated against because he was Brazilian!!!

too random?.....

Also... Denard needs to get playing time!!

I find myself tuning out to Ferguson. It's not because I'm not interested, or don't care. It's because too many people on Facebook are either radically divided over an event none of them were within a thousand miles, or posting articles declaring all of the awful things I must be because I'm not rabidly on their side in my views...

I have no idea what happened that day. Almost no one does. I have to trust in the process. I have to trust in the legal system. It doesn't make me a bad person. The same thing happened to friend of mine in North Side a couple of years ago. I wasn't there, and had to trust in the system that ultimately chose not to take the officer that killed my friend to trial.

...I struggle with people who tell me what I'm thinking. I am cautious, non-trusting of media, even less trusting of mobs, and rarely believe in evil cops out to kill a guy because of the color of his skin. I tend to believe in tragedies that result from well-intentioned individuals who both make poor decisions in escalating chaos. I think my friend probably did some stupid things that escalated a tense situation into shooting event the officer should regret, and never be commended for.

I suspect the truth in Ferguson is less one-sided than is being spoken about on Facebook, that the grand jury struggled to find that clarity, and a young man is dead. That's all I've got.

On a non-social/political front, which I think this thread should probably stick to:

My wife and I are heading for that all white/colored lights argument with Christmas. I'm a colored lights kind of guy. Every lightbulb in the entire house is white for the rest of the year. Let's bring some color into it for Christmas!!!!

Where do you all stand on this debate?

I'm not following it much either, but am struggling with the protests in the rest of the country. Peaceful protests, sure. People have the right to express their opinion.

The protests in Cincy Monday night shutdown I-71 temporarily though. C'mon Man.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    On a non-social/political front, which I think this thread should probably stick to:

My wife and I are heading for that all white/colored lights argument with Christmas. I'm a colored lights kind of guy. Every lightbulb in the entire house is white for the rest of the year. Let's bring some color into it for Christmas!!!!

Where do you all stand on this debate?
    tree or outside?

We used to do color on the tree, but 2 years ago we bought a tree that comes with the attached lights, all white. I like the all white, seems more grown up.

As for house exterior, this is the time of the year where I'm very happy that the front of my house does not have an exterior power outlet...

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I'm not following it much either, but am struggling with the protests in the rest of the country. Peaceful protests, sure. People have the right to express their opinion.

The protests in Cincy Monday night shutdown I-71 temporarily though. C'mon Man.
    Chief of Police said the overwhelming number of people blocking the highway were not Cincinnati residents, and the organizer of the Cincinnati protest said he had nothing to do with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    tree or outside?

We used to do color on the tree, but 2 years ago we bought a tree that comes with the attached lights, all white. I like the all white, seems more grown up.

As for house exterior, this is the time of the year where I'm very happy that the front of my house does not have an exterior power outlet...

We do a little light thing outside our house: Some light up candy canes edging the walkway, and some icicle lighting on the balcony railing. Nothing anyone would slow down to gawk over, but I think it's festive and pretty.

I was referring to the tree, though. I like color in my tree. All white is too boring to me. If she wants all one color, I'm cool with that. It should just not be the same light as the rest of the house, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    We do a little light thing outside our house: Some light up candy canes edging the walkway, and some icicle lighting on the balcony railing. Nothing anyone would slow down to gawk over, but I think it's festive and pretty.

I was referring to the tree, though. I like color in my tree. All white is too boring to me. If she wants all one color, I'm cool with that. It should just not be the same light as the rest of the house, though.
    lol we have plenty of color from the 10,000 ornaments my kids put on the tree.