Thread: The Blacklist

The Blacklist

*********FAIR WARNING: THIS THREAD HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR SPOILERS*********

I am new to this show and I have a question:

Should I takes pains during the show's holiday hiatus to go back and watch season one and the few episodes I missed this season? I get the dude on the ship is a former Reddington associate. Is it worth it to go back and learn that backstory? Or should I just go forward?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I didn't read your post yet cuz I'm a week or so behind. Shame on you for tempting me though. Bastahd!

I watched about the first 5 episodes last year. Couldn't really get into it, too many plot holes. Spader is great but I suspect that the female lead is made of wood. I'll probably give it another shot after the season. I know it's Cris' favorite show, the only show he really makes any effort to see.

I still watch, but I don't think this season has been as good as the first season was.

If you are going to go back, at least watch the last four or five episodes of season 1. That wrapped many loose ends up and answered some questions while creating new ones. The pilot was useful for setting a stage that was promptly upended but if you know who Tom is now, it won't have the impact it did initially.

I think the original premise was mostly stand alone episodes but within the first 13 last year it became both, a one time encounter with someone else on the list and an ongoing to set of issues, personalities and cloaked intentions.

My biggest issue with the show is the lack of geo-spacial reality. People move around the country and world without time delays ever causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post

My biggest issue with the show is the lack of geo-spacial reality. People move around the country and world without time delays ever causing problems.
    Guess you had problems with 24, too, then.

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post

That is because they have access to technoology that allows them to move far distances in little time.