Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice

Blog Entries
    I think that if people were sure he could still play, Rice would be signed.

However, I also think that there is doubt he can still play. He was not that good last season, and if teams are not sure that he can play, they won't risk it. But, I don't think Ray Rice is too toxic.

Aldon Smith has had weapons charges galore, and he'd be signed in a moment if he was cut.

Hope Solo beat the tar out of her sister and nephew, in public, and wasn't even suspended for one game, and played on the US Women's National Team. No one batted an eye.

If, say, Indy signed Rice, yeah, there'd be protests the first couple weeks, but if he got them to the Super Bowl, even if they lost, it'd be forgotten.

Ray Rice made a stupid mistake. He's admitted that, Janay has too. I say everyone should let them get on with thier lives, and if that means an NFL team signs him, good for them.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Ray Rice is the poster child for the NFL's "NO MORE" campaign. Indy seems to be the initial choice for a Rice signing. He (Rice) and Irsay would make for a dymamic duo.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I think that if people were sure he could still play, Rice would be signed.

However, I also think that there is doubt he can still play. He was not that good last season, and if teams are not sure that he can play, they won't risk it. But, I don't think Ray Rice is too toxic.

Aldon Smith has had weapons charges galore, and he'd be signed in a moment if he was cut.

Hope Solo beat the tar out of her sister and nephew, in public, and wasn't even suspended for one game, and played on the US Women's National Team. No one batted an eye.

If, say, Indy signed Rice, yeah, there'd be protests the first couple weeks, but if he got them to the Super Bowl, even if they lost, it'd be forgotten.

Ray Rice made a stupid mistake. He's admitted that, Janay has too. I say everyone should let them get on with thier lives, and if that means an NFL team signs him, good for them.
    This, this and so much more this.

Blog Entries
    For the record, according to Ed Werder, the Colts have no interest in Ray Rice.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-reinstated/
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    Also, for the record, if Ray Rice never plays another down, I'd consider it a great thing.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    Also, for the record, if Ray Rice never plays another down, I'd consider it a great thing.
    Put Greg Hardy right next to him in that statement and I'm with you, vancemeek.

Blog Entries
    There's a bunch of people for that list.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Reinstated and eligible to be signed by any team. Does anyone touch him?

nope.

Blog Entries
    A) I do not believe at this moment that Rice will be signed during the season

2) I think he WILL probably be signed by somebody in the period after the Super Bowl and before free agency starts

III) Not necessarily relevant, but I am curious as to how much different the situation would be if Rice was coming off of his 2012 season and not his abhorrent 2013 performance.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

10. Workin' on mysteries without any clues