Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    Not necessarily in the NL. If the Pirates lose today and Cubs win, the Wild Card game is in Wrigley.
    My bad.

Well the playoffs are set.

Mets at Dodgers
    Cubs at Pirates with winner to play the Cardinals

Astros at Yankees with winner to play the Royals
    Rangers at Jays

Even I have to admit that a Pirates-Rangers WS would produce ratings that probably couldn't match a standard MLS game of the week.

I've got Pirates over Mets in the NL, and since small ball and bullpens play a huge role in the playoffs, Royals over Blue Jays in AL. I'd consider the Yankees, but I'm not sure they can beat Keuchel, even on short rest. They're extremely pedestrian against lefties.

I have no idea how the Pirates beat Arrieta, but they always seem to battle top-of-the-line pitchers really tough, so they're finding a way.

WS- is there any doubt? Wild Card magic again. Bucs finally raise it, in 5, over KC.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    Even I have to admit that a Pirates-Rangers WS would produce ratings that probably couldn't match a standard MLS game of the week.

I've got Pirates over Mets in the NL, and since small ball and bullpens play a huge role in the playoffs, Royals over Blue Jays in AL. I'd consider the Yankees, but I'm not sure they can beat Keuchel, even on short rest. They're extremely pedestrian against lefties.

I have no idea how the Pirates beat Arrieta, but they always seem to battle top-of-the-line pitchers really tough, so they're finding a way.

WS- is there any doubt? Wild Card magic again. Bucs finally raise it, in 5, over KC.
    I dunno. I think Pirates-Astros would be worse. Sorry, Brian. I don't see the Pirates beating the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post

I dunno. I think Pirates-Astros would be worse. Sorry, Brian. I don't see the Pirates beating the Cubs.
    I'm expecting most don't.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

5. Some aggressive plate appearances here for the Astros...
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Go Astros!!!! I think this the first time I've ever cared what happens in an Astros game. I guess I should say, Go team playing the yankees!!!!

The Astros listened. Good.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

The appetizer is over. Time for the main course.

-Chuck Noll

I just realized that I'm now out of teams to cheer for. Reds and Red Sox were both mathematically eliminated in May. The only team I cared at all about was whoever was playing the yankees.

Can we talk about how good Jessica Mendoza is at her job? I wish more of the long-time broadcasters would talk about the things she mentions. She simply goes into more detail and does not always talk in a way to placate just the casual fans. I like it. Honestly, with all the crap we throw at ESPN, she has been one of their best moves in a while.

Also, Chris Archer was fun once he got comfortable.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports