Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LenDale White probably out for the year

LenDale White probably out for the year

There are reports that White ruptured his Achilles. The Broncos have had a rash of injuries at RB with Moreno and Buckhalter both missing extended periods. White wasn't going to be the Broncos leading rusher this year, but they were counting on him as a veteran backup/short yardage back.

Every team has injuries, it's when the injuries happen at one position that it becomes a real problem. The Broncos could have issues with RB depth all year.

I remember two years ago the Broncos were just plagued at the RB position. Being down to the 7th string guy, they were literally scouring the streets for anyone who could play.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    I remember two years ago the Broncos were just plagued at the RB position. Being down to the 7th string guy, they were literally scouring the streets for anyone who could play.
    It does seem like every year there's a team that gets crushed at one position. I remember the Rams' o-line from about 3 years ago was about as bad as I've ever seen. Looks like Broncos' RBs might be the 'Spinal Tap Drummers' of the NFL this year.

yup. GB last season at the CB position too with Al Harris, Will Blackmon and Pat Lee.

They are going to have to hope that a decent back becomes available this weekend after final cuts. Every team usually has too much depth at one position during camp so hopefully a bigger running back pops up that can play next to Moreno.

Aren't Moreno and Buckhalter back?

Yes, Buckhalter played this week and Moreno should start in week 1. But who knows if they're really 100%.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know if they plan in signing anyone to replace him? Is he IR bound or what?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

I think an 80% Moreno is still better than a 100% White. How much of a factor was he truly going to be for the Broncos?
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    Does anyone know if they plan in signing anyone to replace him? Is he IR bound or what?
    Everything I read says ruptured Achilles, which means IR. How much do you suppose he'll weigh after a couple of months on crutches?