Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball 2015

Fantasy Baseball 2015

I had a snow day yesterday, so my productivity could be your gain...

This is not a solicitation to do a league (although if you're interested in a league, as always, let me know.)

If any of you are doing fantasy baseball this year, and are interested, I've put together a spreadsheet of the current Top 400 ADP according to the National Fantasy Baseball Championship. Specifically, it's from their draft champions league which is a 50 round slow draft that allows for bi-weekly lineup movement, but no other transactions. I'm jumping into the NFBC for the first time this year, so we'll see how all of that goes.

Anyway, if you'd like a copy of that spreadsheet, which includes everything from current ADP, positional ranking, the highest a player's been drafted, the lowest he's been drafted, etc, send me a PM with your email, and I'll be happy to send it to you. If I already have your email, you can simply reply to this thread. The only thing that's missing is whether or not a player is eligible at multiple positions (the eligibility requirements for the NFBC are 20 games last year or 10 this year). The list is up-to-date through February 11. They should come out with a new update today, and if that's the case, I'm going to try to update my list as well.

I know interest isn't all that high out there for fantasy baseball, but I figured I'd offer up the info in case there's interest.
    Last edited by Brian Williams; 02-18-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

I would like a copy of the sheet sent to me and would absolutely join a league this year, if possible.

I took a year off and am ready to go again.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PguyPodcast

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    I would like a copy of the sheet sent to me and would absolutely join a league this year, if possible.

I took a year off and am ready to go again.
    Sending it now. If we can get enough for an FP draft, fantastic. I'm just afraid that we wouldn't have more than 4 or 5 interested, tops.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    I, too, would be interested in joining a league if such a thing were feasible.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    I'd love to see that sheet. And I too, would join a fantasy league.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I'd love to see that sheet. And I too, would join a fantasy league.
    Tubbs- I know I have your email somewhere, but can you resend it to me?

-Chuck Noll

Also, that's 4 interested in a baseball league. If we can at least double that number, then it's worth looking into.

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Williams View Post
    Tubbs- I know I have your email somewhere, but can you resend it to me?
    sent

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    sent
    likewise

-Chuck Noll

So I'm doing this 50 round Draft Champions slow draft. Started on Saturday. We're 115 picks in, or a little more than 15% of the way through the draft. That gives me 8 picks thus far. Let's just say that my time is officially consumed, but what a great way to prep for the baseball season.

Trying not to draft based off of last year's stats, but rather more predicting next year's rankings. Add in that with pick 14, and my top 2 realistic targets off the board (Rendon and Rizzo), it's forced me to experiment a bit. Start 2 C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, UT, 9 P (1000 IP minimum) with 27 bench spots. No trading and no in-season pickups.

Round 1 (14)- Max Scherzer (wanted Rizzo, swiped at pick 13)
    Round 2 (17)- Chris Sale (passed on King Felix)
    Round 3 (44)- Corey Dickerson (targeted Arrenado swiped one pick before)
    Round 4 (47)- Billy Hamilton
    Round 5 (74)- Gerrit Cole
    Round 6 (77)- Joey Votto
    Round 7 (104)- Manny Machado (10th 3B off the board. Injury risk, but people aren't remembering that he is a former top 5 prospect, has 1000 highly productive MLB at bats, and is STILL YOUNGER THAN KRIS BRYANT. Favorite sleeper this year)
    Round 8 (107)- Kole Calhoun (probably would have taken Mesoraco if he wasn't sniped the pick before. With Hamilton and Votto, that would have been too many Reds, so I like how this turned out. Other option could have been Cody Allen)

So we'll see how this pitching experiment works. With getting one ace, I wanted to back him up with another. The next best offensive options (Cano, Adam Jones, Puig, Posey) didn't excite me, so figured I'd go all-in and see if I could piece together some offense. Basically, the strategy is to stay one step ahead of everyone else at SP, pounce on RP values, then try and build an offense with big upside. We'll see how this goes, but so far I'm pretty happy with this. With having to wait nearly 30 picks at the turn, it's pretty much vital to just go BPA, even if the ADP says they should go 20-25 picks later. There's an outside chance Machado would have fallen to round 9 (134), but based on upside, he was my BPA, so it wasn't worth the risk.

This is ridiculously intense, and perhaps the most fun I've had with a draft. And there's still likely a few weeks left of this. With the temperature hovering around 0 tonight, I felt like I should share another reminder that baseball is just around the corner.

-Chuck Noll