Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: 2015 NFL Free Agency Open Thread

1. Article: 2015 NFL Free Agency Open Thread

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

After signing an Olympic Discus Finalist last year, the Niners have again looked in talent in sports overseas. They signed famed Australian Rugby star Jarryd Hayne. They might try him out in a fullback/tight end role. The Lions were also interested, but unwilling to pony up the same guaranteed money.

Blog Entries
    Suh is so going to be a Raider... or a Jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Suh is so going to be a Raider... or a Jaguar.
    It seems so. Everything so far has been so unsurprising, including the tags given out.

I was mildly surprised that the Browns didn't try for Mike Glennon instead of Josh McCown, but I guess it doesn't matter when you are getting a quarterback from a team that is certainly taking a quarterback at #1.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    It seems so. Everything so far has been so unsurprising, including the tags given out.

I was mildly surprised that the Browns didn't try for Mike Glennon instead of Josh McCown, but I guess it doesn't matter when you are getting a quarterback from a team that is certainly taking a quarterback at #1.
    14 million for Mccown..... all because he went 3-2 against some of the losusiets pass defenses in the game (Dallas, Vikings, Packers) and won in the mud against Baltimore.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

14 million for Mccown..... all because he went 3-2 against some of the losusiets pass defenses in the game (Dallas, Vikings, Packers) and won in the mud against Baltimore.
    That game wasn't about the mud. That game was about the thunderstorm that hit the stadium early in the game. I was there and can tell you a few things I know are true:

1) The NFL evacuation procedures need work. By the time my dad and I were in the stream of people leaving our section, the storm was very much upon us.

2) I hadn't seen colors quite like that. I also hadn't seen colors like that right above my head before.

3) If a tornado had hit the stadium, there would have been many people injured or killed. The tornado cover areas consist of parts of the stadium where you can hide under stairs and hallways with openings to them. We were underneath a set of stairs. Roman columns do not protect one very well at all.

4) Thankfully, being set right on the lake, the likelihood of an actual tornado hitting Soldier Field is absurdly low, but I am pretty sure we got as close as it could get that day. Sadly, one did touch down several miles away and did some damage to a town southwest of the city.

5) The Tilted Kilt on Wabash has good Wifi.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

I'm still at a loss. The same Josh McCown who looked awful against an average Bengals D last year.

8. I understand - a little, anyway - why the Bucs bent over backward to sign a career backup coming off his best spurt of football probably since college. Why the Browns are ponying up that kind of cheese for that same career backup - after McCown's embarrassing showing in pewter pants - is a complete mystery.

Oh. And don't go thinking Detroit is out of the Suhweepstakes. I know Big#90 is really looking forward to the courtship of free agency, but I see him at least giving the Lions a shot. That defense was scary good last year and with DC Austin around at least one more year, they could be even better in 2015.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    I understand - a little, anyway - why the Bucs bent over backward to sign a career backup coming off his best spurt of football probably since college. Why the Browns are ponying up that kind of cheese for that same career backup - after McCown's embarrassing showing in pewter pants - is a complete mystery.
    not only that, but Cleveland gave McCown more guaranteed money than Tampa did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    not only that, but Cleveland gave McCown more guaranteed money than Tampa did.
    they paid him more than buffallo paid Orton last year.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte