Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: 2015 NFL Free Agency Open Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Easy for you to say.
    This is brutal. Worst off-season ever...and I experienced the Montana trade.
    Obviously, the Niners are expected to take a step back, but they have plenty of talented players that remain. The players seem to like Tomsula and will play hard for him. If we are being honest, though, the Niners off-season is probably congruent to the Browns or the Saints. At least the Niners and the Saints can look back on a period of success.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Blog Entries
    Updates:

Stevie Johnson to the Chargers on a 3 year deal.

Blog Entries
    Update:

Raiders sign Trent Richardson. No details on numbers or length yet.

I don't think the Saints have had a bad offseason. They have gotten multiple firsts, have acquired an All-Pro center (Max Unger), and a reliable starting guard (Ben Grubbs). They traded away Jimmy Graham, yes, but the offense had become far too focused on him and was, I think, obviously deteriorating. The Saints were much better at amassing yards than they were scoring points, and the defense still needs a lot of help after a 2013 mirage. This draft is loaded with receivers, too. The Saints may not be great next year, but I don't think they were going to be very good with their previous core, anyway.

The 49ers have lost a lot on defense, and I'm not optimistic about them replacing all of it. I think Kaepernick would need to play much, much better for this team to contend seriously for a playoff spot, otherwise I think their ceiling is in the 7-9 range again.

The Browns, since you brought them up, Rich, actually have some talent, but at this point they're a Buffalo that isn't functioning as well, in that they're about as good as they're going to be until they can find someone who can play quarterback.

My point was more about how some teams who may be taking a step back due to this particular off-season at least have recent successes to fall back on -- the previous plans pretty much worked. The Saints plan makes sense, even if they were forced to trade some guys they may not have wanted to because of previous contracts.

Meanwhile, some things look to stay the same with several teams -- Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville. It may not be 100% accurate to say that those teams had bad off-seasons, either. The talent bases in certain areas are good for Cleveland and Buffalo, specifically.

Of course, all of those teams still have questions at quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Update:

Raiders sign Trent Richardson. No details on numbers or length yet.
    Clearly, this is a move to make us think that the Raiders are no longer enamored with speed.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Blog Entries
    So the Chris Borland retirement. I guess Buffalo's long term prospects with Preston Brown are a tad better, though I am not sold on him just yet.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    Of course, all of those teams still have questions at quarterback.
    So there's that. BTW, those "questions" should be printed in 144-font.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kocsan View Post
    They have gotten multiple firsts, have acquired an All-Pro center (Max Unger), and a reliable starting guard (Ben Grubbs).
    Just to clear things up, the Saints had Ben Grubbs and traded him away. He's in Kansas City now.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Just to clear things up, the Saints had Ben Grubbs and traded him away. He's in Kansas City now.
    My fault on that, yes.
    Follow me on twitter @kocsan.