Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do you want the bills to get

who do you want the bills to get

After seeing the cut lists I would love buffalo to get houzhmanzadah and troy smith as I think both would be upgrades. Anyone you'd like to see them or get or surprised they let go(hardy for example)

2. Quote Originally Posted by trh5001 View Post
    After seeing the cut lists I would love buffalo to get houzhmanzadah and troy smith as I think both would be upgrades. Anyone you'd like to see them or get or surprised they let go(hardy for example)
    I was a little surprised about Hardy but this is the year to cut higher draft picks because there isn't a salary cap.

Good point on the salary cap hadn't thought of that before. Still would have liked to have seen hardy in a few regular season games but eh I wasn't optimistic it was going to work.

4. Quote Originally Posted by trh5001 View Post
    Good point on the salary cap hadn't thought of that before. Still would have liked to have seen hardy in a few regular season games but eh I wasn't optimistic it was going to work.
    I like James, he works extremely hard. Unfortunately for him, his knee injury set him back too far. I hope he gets picked up.

I liked him alot comming out of college but thought he was a reach at the time he was picked. Still hope he gets picked up by a team though.

What I'd like the Bills to get would be a new GM, new coach and an owner who gave a crap about winning.

Blog Entries
    Seriously, a new GM and new coach? After giving these guys zero regular season games? Especially given some encouraging signs under the new regime, I think one has to give them at least one season to see if they can improve the team.

I do wish Ralph would sell the team to local interests, keep 10% and a private box for himself, and enjoy the warm feelings fans would send him from such an act. I also wish I could flap my arms and fly to the moon.

Swami - I guess there's no choice but to give them at least a season. With this schedule, they could be 0-4 and still be improved.

The last thing this team needs to do is play musical chairs with key roster positions. This isn't fantasy football. It is Trent Edwards last stand, for both the team and his career. He will either prove he can be a starter or go on to be a career backup. Gailey's coaching up has given him confidence throughout training camp and preseason. The signing of Corey McIntyre shows Coach will use him as a screen pass option and opening holes for Spiller.

Current regime had no loyalty to James Hardy and frankly, I was glad he was cut in favor of David Nelson, yet another college prospect with a lousy 40 time. If I were a GM, I'd look at all the guys with the poor 40's and make my shopping list. As someone mentioned in a previous post, Jerry Rice's stock dropped on draft day due to a poor 40 time. Not saying Nelson is Rice, but there may not be any correlation to a successful career at WR and the 40-yard dash.
    "I was a late round pick."
    --Chan Gailey

A new, locally interested, owner or ownership group. Sorry Mr. Wilson, thanks for the memories. And by local, I mean staying in Orchard Park or Buffalo, not Toronto. I want Nix and Gailey to be successful. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by PumpknOne; 09-09-2010 at 09:26 PM.