Thread: Pat White and Three Other Dolphins From 2009 Draft Cut

Pat White and Three Other Dolphins From 2009 Draft Cut

Almost half of the teams 9 picks from the 2009 draft has been cut. One being a second round pick in Pat White, the other a third round pick in Patrick Turner. Admitting mistakes were made is not something franchises are always willing to do. But to release those players before the beginning of their second season is rare. What does that say about the current Dolphins regime and their talent evaluating ability?

I was shocked to that Pat White got the boot. How expected was this by Dolphins fans?
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by TheLinc View Post
    I was shocked to that Pat White got the boot. How expected was this by Dolphins fans?
    He was on thin ice throughout the summer and has not had much development in any area. What also contributed to his release was the fact that he was adamant about not being moved to WR. He's a good athlete, just not a good quarterback. It was disappointing that he could not make the transition like other good athletic quarterbacks have done. He could have been another Antwan Randle-El; not great but serviceable.

Blog Entries
    I read an article on ESPN's NFL blog (admittedly, not the greatest source, and I can't find it now anyway) more or less outlining White's unwillingness to play anything except quarterback, which may have been a contributing factor here.

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    I read an article on ESPN's NFL blog (admittedly, not the greatest source, and I can't find it now anyway) more or less outlining White's unwillingness to play anything except quarterback, which may have been a contributing factor here.
    He valued the quarterback position more thane he valued playing in the league. He will get another chance somewhere but not as a quarterback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsJunkie View Post
    He valued the quarterback position more thane he valued playing in the league. He will get another chance somewhere but not as a quarterback.
    Read that too. He said if he was moved to WR he'd go play baseball. Not a good idea to threaten Bill Parcells. Now it's "batter up", Florida State League here I come.

Blog Entries
    Pat White could be a great QB...in the AFL.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Pat White could be a great QB...in the AFL.
    I tend to agree. Maybe even in the Canadian league with the huge field for him to run around. Doug Flutie was able to capitalize in that league and I think Pat White is just slightly taller than Flutie, but minus the arm strength.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsJunkie View Post
    I tend to agree. Maybe even in the Canadian league with the huge field for him to run around. Doug Flutie was able to capitalize in that league and I think Pat White is just slightly taller than Flutie, but minus the arm strength.
    I actually think this would be his best move. Not necessarily the CFL, but spend a year or two in a secondary league like the CFL, AFL, or UFL to hone his skills and become a more refined passer. Nobody is going to doubt his athletic ability, but let's say that he went to the UFL's Las Vegas team and spent some time learning under Jim Fassel, someone who could help him become a more polished and and overall better QB. Then who knows? It just seems like he's not going to get any better as the 3rd QB on an NFL team, might as well go somewhere that you can learn by doing and develop your skills. Just my opinion on what he should do.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01