Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Ups- 2015 Prospect Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    While I agree Funchess should play TE, he played last season and was drafted as a WR. Is this "flagplanting" valid if Devin goes on to have success as a WR?

http://www.panthers.com/news/article...6-f3530edef122
    Let's me try to expound on why I say he's a TE. He's likely to be used like Graham was used in NOLA, and unlikely to be used like Megatron is in Detroit.

Therefore by my extrapolations, Funchess is a TE. He will be used largely inside the numbers, with Benjamin stretching the field. Likely with another burner on the opposite of Benji.

I use enough capitalization in that passage for you trumpet??
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post

Let's me try to expound on why I say he's a TE. He's likely to be used like Graham was used in NOLA, and unlikely to be used like Megatron is in Detroit.

Therefore by my extrapolations, Funchess is a TE. He will be used largely inside the numbers, with Benjamin stretching the field. Likely with another burner on the opposite of Benji.

I use enough capitalization in that passage for you trumpet??
    And that's exactly why I wouldn't have been mad to see Funchess in Pittsburgh, had the draft positioning worked out. He's a hybrid, and Graham's arbitration last year made it clear that those guys are considered TEs. And while not last year, Funchess has done both.

Colston was a TE in college, if I'm not mistaken. For his first year, he was both WR and TE eligible on Yahoo in their fantasy game. For what that's worth.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

Speaking of, we have a dynasty draft to plan.

And bump for Rich.
    "I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

there's no direct quote, but the Panthers say Funchess will be a WR:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...first-rou.html

I assumed we would go with where the player played in college or where he will be in the NFL, just where you want them to be. Too many DE/OLB, DE/DT, S/CB to keep track of otherwise.
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

He played both in college, some draft sites have him listed as a TE, and I don't feel like being picky. To me, he was eligible at either position. There are others that could present a similar situation later on.

-Chuck Noll

Blog Entries
    Just for whatever it's worth, the primary presumption through the scouting process has been that Funchess would end up as a wide receiver in the NFL.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Evan (10:33) and Rich (4:33) share the clock.

-Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Just for whatever it's worth, the primary presumption through the scouting process has been that Funchess would end up as a wide receiver in the NFL.
    Not disputing. But I'll again share this link from cbssports and nfldraftscout. This listing alone ties my hands, since at least some sites have treated him as a TE. Mike picking him as a TE, based off of that, is well within the spirit of the draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...devin-funchess

-Chuck Noll

10. Funchess made a calculated decision to make the official switch to WR. He is no dummy. WR income > TE income.

Pretty simple.

However, waffling on the topic is useless. Funchess played his last year at Michigan, auditioned at the combine, and was drafted as a WR.

He is a WR until further notice, IMO.

BTW, great pick, Mike.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues