Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Oh for the love of Pete, honestly? It took nothing away from the other 600 and probably added to their excitement. If dude wants to walk, let the dude walk. It's one of the great moments of ones life. Why is there a problem if he wanted to rightfully enjoy his accomplishment?

I'm certainly not trying to be negative or start anything, but come on now.
    Hmmm... I am agreeing with a Steelers fan. We must be right. Or very very wrong. Like dudes wearing goat horns wrong.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 05-06-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Good for Ben. I'm sure most people there were happy to see the big man. He is quite the hero in Oxford, Ohio.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Oh for the love of Pete, honestly? It took nothing away from the other 600 and probably added to their excitement. If dude wants to walk, let the dude walk. It's one of the great moments of ones life. Why is there a problem if he wanted to rightfully enjoy his accomplishment?

I'm certainly not trying to be negative or start anything, but come on now.

you don't see how him being there would be a distraction at all?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Do you remember college graduation? Three quarters of the students in attendance are drunk, hung over, or paying attention only to their friends and themselves. The rest are thinking of ways to keep their friends from meeting their families. One guy walks across the stage, and even if he's Mick Jagger, he's done after that. No harm. It isn't like he got a special seat on the stage (I'm guessing) or a five minute soliloquy. Dude graduated, rather than having it handed to him. Let him go. He's an idiot, but apparently capable of getting an education degree. Congratulations, and keep on exercising sound, mature judgement in the skirt-chasing department because I am sick of hearing about it. Nothing he did there was bad or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Do you remember college graduation? Three quarters of the students in attendance are drunk, hung over, or paying attention only to their friends and themselves. The rest are thinking of ways to keep their friends from meeting their families. One guy walks across the stage, and even if he's Mick Jagger, he's done after that. No harm. It isn't like he got a special seat on the stage (I'm guessing) or a five minute soliloquy. Dude graduated, rather than having it handed to him. Let him go. He's an idiot, but apparently capable of getting an education degree. Congratulations, and keep on exercising sound, mature judgement in the skirt-chasing department because I am sick of hearing about it. Nothing he did there was bad or wrong.

well the bolded we can agree on.

Blog Entries
    ...keep on exercising sound, mature judgement in the skirt-chasing department because I am sick of hearing about it...

How about the bold and italicized?

Blog Entries
    Nope
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Shaq earned his doctorate this weekend as well. Are we going to criticize him for walking?
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Shaq earned his doctorate this weekend as well. Are we going to criticize him for walking?
    Not him, but whatever school gave him a Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    He's paid by NBC to be something other than a lawyer, though I have no clear idea why beyond his ability to break down a contract (for whatever value that has - I don't find it terribly interesting to know how much of some guy other than me's salary is likely to ever be paid,) and certainly not a journalist - better than Sapp but not by much.
    I couldn't agree more. A man whose primary skill is collating reports from other media (and being snarky) has been put on television as some kind of football expert. Journalistic integrity by NBC? Zero.

It boggles the mind. Plus, he looks like a serial killer. His on-camera presence is a dead thud.