Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Roethlisberger Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    He's not a reporter. He's a jumped-up little blogger whose vanity demands that he be in front of a camera. Even before NBC he was hosting awful little TV bits which added no value to his site. He has two skills: assiduous gatherer of other people's work, and legal analysis.

I admire that he built a business out of nothing. But he's a snarky little prick and I have no idea why NBC uses him as some kind of expert, something he clearly isn't.
    Clearly I have mixed feelings about Florio. Before he hit the big time, PFT was a must read for NFL fans. Hew used to do a weekly radio spot in Detroit where he would routinely break Lions news before the local guys had it (Mike called out Mayhew/Lewand as the replacements for Millen the day Millen was fired and he was not spitballing. He had sources). It really rubbed said local guys a little raw until they realized Mike was pretty good at his hobby (that's what PFT was in the beginning - a hobby) and they started reading and contributing to his site.

I have mad respect for Florio in that he took a basement project, made it a cottage industry and parlayed that into weekly appearances on the most-watched sports program in the country. I just wish he would assign the collating of others' work to his minions and get back to breaking real news. He used to be pretty good at that.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

PFT is great at compiling news that someone else reports first into a central location. It's when they offer up their own opinion of any kind when PFT turns to crap.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 05-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    PFT is great at compiling news that someone else reports first into a central location. It's when they offer up their own opinion of any time when PFT turns to crap.
    I share your point of view.