Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Article: Tossing the Ball Around: FP Writers Weigh In on Pats Penalties

Blog Entries
    also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.
    Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.
    To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested.
    I misread this. Brady only gave emails and such AFTER discipline in MAY. So back in March with the Well's report, Brady simply told Wells "No".

This is interesting. So Brady caved on privacy after discipline, but to no avail...

Which makes Roger's position less reasonable.

Blog Entries
    BTW Polian is really sounding sleezy to me in this commentary.

Blog Entries
    And those who keep saying that arbitration is rarely overturned, conveniently don't talk about Peterson and Hardy. What have you won lately, Roger?

Blog Entries
    Why did Hardy's case go to outside arb? Was that Roger's doing?

I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either.

Another brilliant nugget from Tommy Boy's statement. How the hell do you know that nobody in the Patriots organization did anything wrong. Its one thing to proclaim your innocence. But at your boneheaded initial news conference you claimed that you had no idea whether or not you knew whether someone did anything wrong. Now you are claiming that you know. Did you do your own investigation? Because if you did, the NFL would love to find out what you found out.

Tommy boy, please. Shut up and hire a media consultant. The more you and your boneheaded attorney talk, the easier you are making this for the NFL. The NFL has already proved its incompetence. You are matching the incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Albert Breer is reporting the NFLPA has filed suit in Minnesota.
    Everyone KNEW that was going to happen! NFL PA Gonna roll the judge Doty dice.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Prove to me the balls were actually deflated (you can't) and then we can talk. Until actual ball deflation can be established (it can't), the NFL had zero business "investigating" this. That is, they had zero business beyond a thorough examination of how they, as a league, were going to manage proper ball inflation going forward.

Pure, unadulterated bullsnot. All of it.
    Cmon biggie... we both know the level of proof necessary is "more likely than not" according to the CBA. We both know it's much more likely than not that crybrady conspired to deflate those footballs.

You're looking for a pink elephant here- Something that doesn't exist, and in this case doesn't need to.

It's not a criminal trial and never will be, so why apply that filter? Nothing needs to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt, just that it's "more likely than not" that it happened.

Do you really believe, given ALL the info out there at this point, that's it's NOT "more likely than not" that Brady knew the balls were being deflated and that he played some part???

Sounds more to me that you have issue with the system and process. The players agreed to this bull**** system. As such, any that want to complain about it deserve to be double punished. Crybrady should get 8 games for not being astute enough to just shut up and take his medicine. Pay his pennance, kiss the ring... we all know he did it. Even if he wins the appeal, we all know he did it. At least the vast majority of us know he did it.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Cmon biggie... we both know the level of proof necessary is "more likely than not" according to the CBA. We both know it's much more likely than not that crybrady conspired to deflate those footballs.

[#1] You're looking for a pink elephant here- Something that doesn't exist, and in this case doesn't need to.

It's not a criminal trial and never will be, so why apply that filter? Nothing needs to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt, just that it's "more likely than not" that it happened.

Do you really believe, given ALL the info out there at this point, that's it's NOT "more likely than not" that Brady knew the balls were being deflated and that he played some part???

Sounds more to me that you have issue with the system and process. The players agreed to this bull**** system. As such, any that want to complain about it deserve to be double punished. Crybrady should get 8 games for not being astute enough to just shut up and take his medicine. Pay his pennance, kiss the ring... we all know he did it. Even if he wins the appeal, [#2] we all know he did it. At least the vast majority of us know he did it.
    #1 - No, Mike. You and your ilk are the ones looking for pink elephants. There is no - repeat NO - proof of ball deflation. Everything that happened after that should have been recognized by the powers that be is complete hogwash. You want to treat someone like a criminal, you better have some proof of guilt. The NFL has zero. Zip. Nada. Thus they had no right to go digging into this man's life. None.

#2 - We don't "know" jack squat. Protestations of total knowledge absent tangible, factual evidence are bunk. For the record, I absolutely believe TB12 was in on this. But no proof is no proof. The NFL - and especially King Fraudger - are going to be peeling this egg off their collective faces for years and I am going to enjoy watching it.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Everyone KNEW that was going to happen! NFL PA Gonna roll the judge Doty dice.
    And the NFLPA rolled craps. Its going to Manhattan.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...t-to-manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    And the NFLPA rolled craps. Its going to Manhattan.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...t-to-manhattan
    Yep, the league now has home field for the playoffs.

The NFLPA did not pull Doty in the lottery and then the appointed judge sent them straight to NYC.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports