Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Movie/TV Thread

Season 2 of True Detective has been a disappointment so far. It's not terrible but it's pretty boring. I guess it was unrealistic to expect it to live up to season 1.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Season 2 of True Detective has been a disappointment so far. It's not terrible but it's pretty boring. I guess it was unrealistic to expect it to live up to season 1.
    All the pre-premiere reviews I read said the same thing, which is why I decided to take a wait and see approach with this season. If I saw that the episodes were getting better and things were picking up steam as the season went on, I'd go back and watch it on HBO Go. Holding out hope this might still be the case, but maybe the turnover is just too much to overcome.

Watched the first two episodes of Mr. Robot. It's pretty good, but I see an arc for the show I'm not sure I'm interested in. I'm okay with his anti-social, geek, drug addict persona. I'm okay with the shadowy bad guys, and the psychiatrist. I'm even okay with the two female characters, and the cheating boyfriend. I'm just not sure I'm up for the mid-end season twist of finding out how many characters are going to wind up being schizophrenic delusions. Also, I feel like Christian Slater should have retired from acting in the 90's.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Yup.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Watched the first two episodes of Mr. Robot. It's pretty good, but I see an arc for the show I'm not sure I'm interested in. I'm okay with his anti-social, geek, drug addict persona. I'm okay with the shadowy bad guys, and the psychiatrist. I'm even okay with the two female characters, and the cheating boyfriend. I'm just not sure I'm up for the mid-end season twist of finding out how many characters are going to wind up being schizophrenic delusions. Also, I feel like Christian Slater should have retired from acting in the 90's.
    I saw the first episode, haven't caught the second yet. It seems intriguing.

And I'm not sure why, but I've found myself always interested in Christian Slater's projects lately, even if I didn't really watch his stuff when he was in his prime. I really liked his show awhile back, called Breaking In.

I really liked the first episode of Mr Robot but felt that it may have taken a left turn at the end that could lead to a generically stupid TV show. I hope not.

7. True Detective needs some direction. That show is all over the place.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    You're too generous. I'd go with unmitigated disaster. There is not one single character I care about.

Just ick!

Allow me to throw a recommendation for the show Wayward Pines. Good stuff.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    You're too generous.
    That's always been my greatest flaw.