Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Movie/TV Thread

@NFLDraftScout on Twitter asked why "The Program" never had a sequel. I then started to get carried away with possible plot points. Thought I'd share:

Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 39s40 seconds ago

I just made #TheProgram2 a vehicle ripe for cameos and a chance for #NFL to speak against 'roids and violence against women. Needs to happen
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 2m2 minutes ago

#TheProgram2 The NCAA downfall begins after Joey Luaren Adams' character sues the university.
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 4m4 minutes ago

#TheProgram2 Kane is given one last shot to make it in the NFL after getting brought in by his former college coach.
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 5m5 minutes ago

#TheProgram2 FSU (Uh, the Wolves), got popped by the NCAA and coach Winters somehow lands job with nameless #NFL expansion team.
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 6m6 minutes ago

#TheProgram2 Alvin Mack manages to come back from catastrophic injury, shown playing in the Pro Bowl with the Bears.
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 7m7 minutes ago

#TheProgram2 Feel bad teaching scene at end of the movie, Latimer living a box, diagnosed with cancer from 'roids.
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Rich Gapinski ‏@PguyPodcast 8m8 minutes ago

#TheProgram2 Kane tries to make it to NFL, gets drafted by #Raiders and washes out like Marinovich.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

Oh, wait, there's more. The NFL expansion team name is obviously The Cougars, a riff off of the Jags. Joe Kane's dad still never makes it to his first NFL start.

Come on, folks. We can make this movie happen. We only need to put everything in Andy's name, create a bunch of fake accounts and swindle a Weinstein or two while getting the NFL to sign off on the script in order to show some real uniforms. How many of the original actors would buy in? Plenty, I say.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Season 2 of True Detective has been a disappointment so far. It's not terrible but it's pretty boring. I guess it was unrealistic to expect it to live up to season 1.
    TD S2 might be turning the corner. The last episode was pretty good.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

4. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    TD S2 might be turning the corner. The last episode was pretty good.
    And then S2 turned into one depressing, painful and ridiculously boring finale...

If you happen to still be watching TD-S2, I'll serve up one piece of advice: Stop. Now.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

I highly recommend seeing The Gift. A great smaller film (pyschological thriller, but not a "scary movie") with a twist ending you won't see coming.

Top notch acting from the 3 leads: Jason Bateman, Joel Edgerton (who also wrote and directed) and Rebecca Hall.

just watched episodes 3 and 4 of Mr. Robot and I'm so lost. Expecting Episode 5 to be about whether I should choose the red pill or the blue pill.

what is everyone watching?

I'm still trying to find something interesting to watch while I travel. Minority Report was dumb, as was the Neil Patrick Harris variety show. I think those are the only new shows I've seen. I might load up a few on the laptop this weekend and see if I can find anything good. Suggestions? I might try Limitless and/or Blindspot.

9. Survivor just started up again so I'm watching that. I've also been watching The Muppets, and it's been enjoyable so far.
    "I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm still trying to find something interesting to watch while I travel. Minority Report was dumb, as was the Neil Patrick Harris variety show. I think those are the only new shows I've seen. I might load up a few on the laptop this weekend and see if I can find anything good. Suggestions? I might try Limitless and/or Blindspot.

Blindspot has been interesting. Grandfathered and The Grinder were good last night, but not mindblowing. Fox is replaying them tomorrow night.

Muppets was ok. Not sure how I feel about The Bastard Executioner yet. Same with Scream Queens and Minority Report. Rosewood is ok, but looks like a procedural where you can miss a few weeks and not miss too much. Life in Pieces I think will get the axe before Thanksgiving. I wouldn't watch it if it weren't on right after Big Bang.

Quantico was great, easily the best new show I've seen so far. The return of Heroes was also pretty solid.

I love Neil Patrick Harris, but while I like his variety show, I don't think it's maximizing his true greatness. I'm happy he's got his own show though, always thought he'd be a good late night type host.

Haven't gotten around to Limitless, and The Player.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 09-30-2015 at 10:37 PM.