Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Movie/TV Thread

I enjoyed The Player.

I'd go The Player > Limitless based on their pilots.

still much to come this year, but wanted to do this as a year to date:

Favorite Movie of the Year: Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Best Action Movie of the Year: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
    Best Drama of the Year: The Martian (might also be the funniest movie of the year)
    Pleasant Surprise of the Year: The Gift
    Biggest Surprise of the year: Jurrasic World smashing box office records
    Best Comedy of the Year: Vacation (Spy or Trainwreck would probably take this if I'd seen them yet)
    Best Movie of the year you've never heard of: The Loft
    Best Animated Movie of the Year: Inside Out
    Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Fantastic Four. I guess? I actually don't think it was that bad, but I haven't really seen any disappointing movies this year.

Best Movies still to come you're looking forward to: Mockingjay 2, Pan, Creed, The Force Awakens

Feel free to add your own categories.

3. I've finally gotten around to watching Mr. Robot. Only two episodes in, but highly enjoying it so far.
    "I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm still trying to find something interesting to watch while I travel. Minority Report was dumb, as was the Neil Patrick Harris variety show. I think those are the only new shows I've seen. I might load up a few on the laptop this weekend and see if I can find anything good. Suggestions? I might try Limitless and/or Blindspot.
    Longmire. I haven't looked hard but I haven't seen any good new ones in a while.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 10-09-2015 at 08:41 PM.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

who else besides me and JB are watching Quantico? IMO easily the best new show on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    who else besides me and JB are watching Quantico? IMO easily the best new show on tv.
    That was one of the shows I copied to my laptop. I haven't tried to yet, I might give it a shot this weekend. I've watched the first 3 episodes of Limitless, I like it so far. It has a sense of humor, doesn't take itself too seriously. I watched the first episode of Minority Report, I will not be watching the second. One of the guys on our crew likes Blind Spot, doesn't seem like my kind of show but I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    That was one of the shows I copied to my laptop. I haven't tried to yet, I might give it a shot this weekend. I've watched the first 3 episodes of Limitless, I like it so far. It has a sense of humor, doesn't take itself too seriously. I watched the first episode of Minority Report, I will not be watching the second. One of the guys on our crew likes Blind Spot, doesn't seem like my kind of show but I'll give it a shot.

yea I haven't kept up with Minority Report. Megan Goode was the only reason to watch in the first place.

Limitless and Blindspot are good, as is The Player.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 10-28-2015 at 08:01 PM.

8. Blindspot is "If Jason Bourne Woke Up As A Hot Chick in FBI Custody".

I'm on EP2. This show has potential. We'll see where it goes.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Blog Entries
    Dark Matter, on Netflix, is crap. Just crappy craptastic crap. Also derivative, flat, stupid, and poorly done.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Dark Matter, on Netflix, is crap. Just crappy craptastic crap. Also derivative, flat, stupid, and poorly done.
    Is that on Netflix already? I wanted to watch that. It's connected to heroes reborn