Thread: Revis' new contract

Revis' new contract

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ranteed-money/

According to PFT it's 4 years, $46M with $32M guaranteed.

2. Look for Revis to have some kind of injury in the first few weeks of the season (if he's thrown in from the get go). Hold outs often get injured because their bodies aren't ready for the speed and physical play of the regular season. You can't prepare on your own, you need full speed practices and some games to get ready, especially if you play a position that runs, and changes directions a lot. It would surprise me if Revis doesn't come up with some type of pulled muscle.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a fan of hold outs but I do see the point in commanding more money when they are a key factor against the opposition. I'm glad the thing is over but that nearly $600,000.00 in total he accurred fines is CRAZY!!!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    Also, Big Props to Cris' former NFL Network colleague Adam Schefter who covered the Revis story late last night & early this morning. After driving to Bristol for about three hours, he hosted "Mike & Mike In The Morning"--All 4 Hours! Ran on 9 Hours of Sleep. WOW!

More & More Respect for what Cris & Andy Do.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    Look for Revis to have some kind of injury in the first few weeks of the season (if he's thrown in from the get go). Hold outs often get injured because their bodies aren't ready for the speed and physical play of the regular season. You can't prepare on your own, you need full speed practices and some games to get ready, especially if you play a position that runs, and changes directions a lot. It would surprise me if Revis doesn't come up with some type of pulled muscle.
    Well, I would never wish an injury on a player, but if that happened week 1, I would certainly wish him a speedy recovery, starting right about week 3.

Go Pats!