Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T.J. Houshmandzadeh joins Ravens

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WashProWilly View Post
    Well, lets see...Ray Lewis is getting pretty up there in years...Ed Reed will be out for awhile, and he's the best player on that defense...no CB's of quality...no Sergio Kindle...I don't know why I would be concerned either!
    Yes because those are obviously the only good players on this team. Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Jarett Johnson, Kelly Gregg, and Dawan Landry don't exist apparently. Josh Wilson, Fabian Washington, and Ladarius Webb are all quality corners. Sergio Kindle is coming back in a month, Ed Reed will be back not long after that. And that Ray Lewis guy? Yeah he might be the best MLB of all-time, people have been saying he's been getting up there in years for years now. Here's a hint, next time actually do some research before you make yourself look like an ass.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Yes because those are obviously the only good players on this team. Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Jarett Johnson, Kelly Gregg, and Dawan Landry don't exist apparently. Josh Wilson, Fabian Washington, and Ladarius Webb are all quality corners. Sergio Kindle is coming back in a month, Ed Reed will be back not long after that. And that Ray Lewis guy? Yeah he might be the best MLB of all-time, people have been saying he's been getting up there in years for years now. Here's a hint, next time actually do some research before you make yourself look like an ass.
    Wow, are personal insults a common thing amongst Ravens fans, or what? I'm not being an ass, I'm making observations about a team that plays in the division of my favorite team. C'mon, you cannot be this positive about your defense. Your secondary is going to be a huge liability at least early in the season. Not having Reed patrolling back there is bad enough, being without the services of two of your top CB's is yet another. Your front seven is good...no doubt. But they are going to have to be careful what they wish for when they try to run some of those exotic blitzes that they like to use, because they will not have the same quality secondary behind them that are going to be able to be left on an island when the front seven brings the house.

I'm not too worried about the Ravens anyway, so there's no need for the hostility. Carson Palmer has their number. 8-3 against them speaks for itself.

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Wow, are personal insults a common thing amongst Ravens fans, or what? I'm not being an ass, I'm making observations about a team that plays in the division of my favorite team. C'mon, you cannot be this positive about your defense. Your secondary is going to be a huge liability at least early in the season. Not having Reed patrolling back there is bad enough, being without the services of two of your top CB's is yet another. Your front seven is good...no doubt. But they are going to have to be careful what they wish for when they try to run some of those exotic blitzes that they like to use, because they will not have the same quality secondary behind them that are going to be able to be left on an island when the front seven brings the house.

I'm not too worried about the Ravens anyway, so there's no need for the hostility. Carson Palmer has their number. 8-3 against them speaks for itself.

Cheers.
    Yes actually, but my apologies anyway. I keep forgetting that most people on here still aren't familiar with me. I don't think you're an ass, you just came off somewhat ass-ish...if that's a word. I am concerned about the secondary, but I believe that if Webb and Washington are as healthy as we're being led to believe, then the secondary will still be at least average. Landry and Zbikowksi at safety does help things, along with Josh Wilson. I'm still upset that Foxworth is on IR though, he really came on at the end of last season. This front seven though has the potential to be the best in the league. Lewis, Suggs, and Ngata are all potential All-Pros. Jarret Johnson is one of the more underrated LBs in the league. Gregg and Pryce may be getting older but they still know how to get things done, especially when surrounded by the talent around them. Dannell Ellerbe is another promising young LB that should probably start, and he can only get better. Not to mention rotation guys such as Cory Redding, Terrence Cody, Jameel McClain, Tavares Gooden, and Sergio Kindle when he returns.

It's all a matter of whether or not this secondary can hold it together until Reed returns, because when he does this instantly becomes a top defense again.

I wonder what this means for Derrick Mason's dwindling value. A guy that has had eight 1000yd seasons in the last nine years has suddenly found himself maybe not having a flanker job anymore and playing out of the slot. I don't know how Cameron will elect to use his veteran receivers but I have to think one of the two of Mason and Housh are going to find themselves on the outside looking in.

Baltimore is now loaded with possession receivers. Who is going to stretch the field for them? I don't see them having anybody in that role.

x2

While Baltimore may be more talented than the Steelers, for the Bengals, the division goes through pissburgh, not the ravens.

Not trying to start stuff, its just the truth. The Ravens don't scare the Bengals at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    x2

While Baltimore may be more talented than the Steelers, for the Bengals, the division goes through pissburgh, not the ravens.

Not trying to start stuff, its just the truth. The Ravens don't scare the Bengals at all.
    Technically shouldn't the road run through Cincy until further notice?

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post
    Technically shouldn't the road run through Cincy until further notice?

the road to a repeat obviously. If we're speaking technically, no the Bengals can't go through themselves.

Blog Entries
    TJ's still talking smack about getting let out of Seattle. That just bugs me, like get over it. It was not a good team you were on last year, you didn't scare anybody, so STFU and get with your new team. In my opinion, he's lucky to get on with a team as good as the Ravens. Don't tell me, show me.

Keep talking TJ. And please remember to invoke references to this mythical defense the Ravens possess.