Thread: Questions Linger About Murder of Steve McNair

Questions Linger About Murder of Steve McNair

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rder-evidence/

Mike Florio of PFT has posted some articles (and links to other articles) that ask some intriguing questions about the murder of Steve McNair. Certain information has still yet to be released by the Nashville Police Department, and the Nashville PD has had been having news conferences to 'debunk myths' about a case that they claim is closed--if the case is truly closed, why keep making all the effort to make the critics go away? Why has certain information (particularly the numerous text and cell phone calls between Kazemi and ex-con Gilliam) not been released? These are just a couple of questions.

Though a grand jury in Tennessee declined to reopen the case, the questions persist. I do not have enough knowledge to pass judgment on the Nashville PD or their investigation, but I do think that all information should be released, and all questions should be fully addressed and investigated. The families of Kazemi and McNair deserve to know the full truth, whatever that is.

2. I am a displaced Bengals fan who moved to Nashville a little over a year ago. The McNair case boggled my mind from the get-go. I purchased "Playbook to a Murder" by Former Nashville Police Officer, Vincent Hill. It was a quick and easy read, and he raises a lot of good questions, that I would love to know how the police overlooked.

As I type this at 12:30am on the (5th of July, but still 4th of July fireworks going off), it was a night set up perfect for a gun murder. I couldn't tell you right now if the pops I am hearing are gunshots or fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by colemanmatt View Post
    I am a displaced Bengals fan who moved to Nashville a little over a year ago. The McNair case boggled my mind from the get-go. I purchased "Playbook to a Murder" by Former Nashville Police Officer, Vincent Hill. It was a quick and easy read, and he raises a lot of good questions, that I would love to know how the police overlooked.

As I type this at 12:30am on the (5th of July, but still 4th of July fireworks going off), it was a night set up perfect for a gun murder. I couldn't tell you right now if the pops I am hearing are gunshots or fireworks.
    I suspect anymore sadly a little bit of both
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Blog Entries
    Supposedly this girl had no experience with guns, but she bought one, shot McNair in cold blood while he slept, and then shot herself with the wrong hand, and fell on the gun. The police say they know she pulled the trigger because the gun underneath he was surrounded by blood, but no blood under the gun. Seems like somebody holding her could shoot her and lay her on the gun.

Her sister is seriously tore up about all of this, as anyone would be. She suspects foul play as well. Not related to the Mcnair case in anyway but her mother also passed away within a close amount of time as her sister. She basically lost her entire family.
    “The year we beat Miami in the Super Bowl, ... do you know how many defensive linemen were in our rotation? Nine, and we used them all quite a bit. We just wore the Dolphins out.”

~Bill Walsh

Wow thats rough- I can't imagine
    [B][I]"You tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try."- Homer Simpson[/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Pattrick View Post
    Her sister is seriously tore up about all of this, as anyone would be. She suspects foul play as well. Not related to the Mcnair case in anyway but her mother also passed away within a close amount of time as her sister. She basically lost her entire family.
    Understandable how she is unsatisfied with the amount of closure granted, but it's been over a year now - overturning stones looking for conspiracies or relying on pure speculation and conjecture isn't going to do anything but reopen old wounds. McNair made a number of bad decisions that resulted in the position he found himself up to the point of his death. I have nothing but fond memories of the man, but it's time to move on. It's not the first murder in Nashville that may have left a curious public unsatisfied, and certainly not the last - were this anyone not of his stature it would not be given a second thought.
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by TheLinc View Post
    Understandable how she is unsatisfied with the amount of closure granted, but it's been over a year now - overturning stones looking for conspiracies or relying on pure speculation and conjecture isn't going to do anything but reopen old wounds. McNair made a number of bad decisions that resulted in the position he found himself up to the point of his death. I have nothing but fond memories of the man, but it's time to move on. It's not the first murder in Nashville that may have left a curious public unsatisfied, and certainly not the last - were this anyone not of his stature it would not be given a second thought.
    According to former Nashville Police Officer Vincent Hill, who has written a book about the deaths, both the Kazemi and McNair families are interested in answers to these questions as well, and supported Mr. Hill's investigation-it is also common for families of those lesser known crime victims to continue to ask questions if there are contradictions or information that has not been released, or the case remains unsolved. It is still possible for other authorities such as the FBI to investigate this case, but it is not common for one law enforcement agency to 'call out' another unless it is something that is just beyond the pale (such as the shocking things that occurred in the New Orleans police department during and after Katrina). I would say that until the families of the victims publicly state that they are satisfied 100% with the police investigation and want to close things up, it is fair game to ask reasonable questions about the case.

Once again, I do not allege wrongdoing by the Nashville Police, but there are some loose ends that they should have been able to answer for by now (such as the extensive contact between Gilliam and Kazemi leading up to the murder). If you as a police department have nothing to hide, and the case is public record anyway, why not just release all the information? Why all of the Texas Two Step around these questions?