Some early thoughts about the AFC East
1. Three of the five most talented defensive lines are in this Division, if you discount marijuana-related suspensions/contract negotiations and their effects on the first few games.
Buffalo: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Jerry Hughes.
Miami: Cameron Wake, Ndamukong Suh (*******,) Someone Else, Jared Odrick.
Jets: Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon Harrison, Sheldon Richardson, and Calvin Pace/Quinton Coples as rush OLBs.
How many teams wouldn't trade a useful nut for one of those?
2. With the unpronounceable former OLB's recent efforts to improve the Jets' QB play, Buffalo might now have the worst QB situation in the Division. It will be interesting to see whether the relatively well-rested Cassell is going to outplay the more interesting Fitzbeard.
3. Buffalo has a solid LT-LG-C situation. RG is a mess, and RT is looking more and more like the new coaches have also figured out that the off-balance Cyrus Kouandjio can't handle speed, and Seantrel Henderson is getting more first team work. On a related note, it looked like the off-balance rookie John Miller would be a lock at RG, as the HC said he would be starting, in May. Now Cyril Richardson is pushing him fo rthat job. I suspect it is more a knock on Miller than a shocking improvement from Richardson.
4. I think Brady plays every game so not spending much time on that, although I think Florio's coverage has been his best work on PFT, by a mile.
5. Miami's biggest concern is their running game. How bad could it be?
Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!