Thread: Where are our heads at going into week 1?

Where are our heads at going into week 1?

We are huge favorites in Vegas, and it seems most prognosticators are picking us in a cakewalk. Yet as a diehard, all I can remember is last season, particularly the end of the year. As I've said before, I don't worry about our offense. Even though there are legitimate questions about the line and the running game, I trust we will score enough to win games. The defense and not-so-special teams scare the heck out of me though, and I need to see before I believe. I'm aware Fewell showed virtually nothing scheme-wise in the pre-season, so we can discount much of what we have seen so far. Having Phillips back is huge, Rolle is an upgrade, a healthy Tuck looks scary good, Goff might be getting it...all these positives are trying to convince me things will be different, but I'm hesitant. Where are you guys at, and I'm hoping someone can convince me we won't see a repeat of last year...

I am where I always am, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Seriously though, I don't see how the Giants are so favored in this game. Our defense is completely unproven right now, and Carolina is a well coached team that might have the best running attack in the league. I agree that our offense will be good, unless they are turning the ball over.

Vegas obviously has no faith in Matt Moore. He's not the greatest by any stretch, but he's better than Dave Brown ever was. And with their running game, he doesn't need to chuck it downfield much.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The defense has bought into Fewell's system, and he has their attention; unlike Sheridan.