Thread: Dallas.

Blog Entries

Dallas.

Dallas! This was a game that looked much scarier in July than it does now. With no Dez, no Romo, and a gimpy Witten the offense is limited. Thier best corner is hurt as well, so that helps is and I don't think that they can cover Gronk.

In many ways, however, this can be a trap game. Next week is the game every Pats fan has circled, and I think many players may have as well. A gimpy Dallas team might be overlooked.

Nice and sunny in Dallas. Weather will not matter today.

Nantz and Simms are the broadcast team. First time this year that we've had them. Clete Blakeman is the ref.

Notable inactives are Ryan Wendell, Tavon Wilson, Aaron Dobson for us. Nothing notable for Dallas that was not already noted.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries
    So, local CBS had Titans/Bills at 1 pm. When that ended, they went to Ravens/Browns as bonus coverage. When that went to OT, they stayed with it and did not switch to Pats/Cowboys when the game started, so I missed the start of the game.

I got to the game with 6:21 left in the first. Dallas has the ball, and I'll game chart on the next Pats possession. When I actually got to the game, it was 3-0 Pats.

Apparently, I've missed 2 Dallas three and out, and one Pats possession, too. I have no idea what's going on in the game. So, I'm with the Dallas 3rd possession and will start charting on our 3rd one. The Dallas possession I got to the game on ends with a 51 yard Dallas FG. 3-3.

Pats P3: Start at the 20. We start with possession with four runs. The first three go to Blount, and get 19. In addition, on the first run, a hands to the face is called on Hardy and that netted 5. Lewis finishes the quarter with a 5 yard run. The second quarter started with us in a 3rd and 1. But, they stop Blount for no gain and we punt.

Dallas P4: Start at the 20. Three and out.

Pats P4: Start at the 18. We start out ok with a 6 yard catch for Gronk, then a 6 yard run for Lewis. On the next play, Hardy strips Brady, but Jules recovers. We go deep and hit Amendola for about 40. It comes back on OPI on Martin. However, while Martin did set a pick, it was exactly 1 yard from the line of scrimmage, which means it was a bad call. A pick is legal as long as it is not more than 1 yard downfield. On the ensuing 2nd and 18, Brady finds Lewis for 7. But, Crawford gets a sack on 3rd and 11, and we punt.

Dallas P5: Start at the 13. Three and out.

Pats P5: Start at the 45. Our first play is a pass to Danny, who gets tackled on the spot. However, a hands to the face call on Claiborne gets us 5 and a first down. Then we go to the air, with 5 passes in a row. Jules (16), Lewis (7), Danny (4), then two to Lewis (incomplete and 9). Dion takes a handoff on 3rd and 1, break a tackle in the backfield, and goes for 15. Dallas takes timeout, as that gave us 1st and goal at the 1, and the Dallas D was confused. But, after the timeout, TB12 kepes it himself and gets the TD. 10-3 Pats. 3:39 left.

Dallas P6: Start at the 14. Three and out. Chandler Jones dropped a pick on 3rd down. The punt took us to the two minute warning.

Pats P6: Start at the 38. Three and out. Dallas was charged it's second timeout as an injury timeout after the 3rd down play.

Dallas P7: Start at the 13. Three and out. Sheard gets a sack on second down. We use two timeouts on the drive, leaving us with 1. :59 seconds in the half.

Pats P7: Start at the 45. The drive starts with a sack by Crawford. It was the 5th sack of Brady and it looked like it was time to just kneel and go in. But, on 2nd, Brady finds Jules for 24!! We take timeout three, then they do after we line up. We go with a deep pattern to Slater, but it misses. With 8 second left, Steven nails a 57 yard FG. 13-3 Pats. 0:03 left.

Dallas P8: Start at the 20. Dallas kneels to end the half.

Blog Entries
    Pats P8: Start at the 20. We have a good drive, but it started out with a hold on Jules that made it 1st and 20 from our 10. But, Brady finds Gronk for 33 on one of those physical Gronk catch and runs. After a 3 yard Blount run, Lewis got 8 on a catch. Two Blount runs got 5, but a single covered Gronk got 18 in 3rd and 5. Two more Blount runs, and a hands to the face in McClain gain 13 yards and gave us a first and goal at the 10. Lewis finishes it off, with a spectacular catch and run for the TD. 20-3 Pats. 9:48 left in the 3rd.

Dallas P9: Start at the 20. Dallas puts together a very long drive. It started with three runs. Randle had 2 for 9, and then Michael ran for six. Weeden went to the air, but missed Williams. After Randle got two, they had 3rd and 8. On that play, Weeded missed Street with a pass. However, McCourty was called for illegal contact. That gave Dallas a first down, and the replay CBS showed clearly shoulder Devin never touched his man. The bad call kept the drive alive.

Dallas then had a false start. Weeden goes to the air finding Witten for 16, then Randle for 10. The next two plays go to Randle as well. A 1 yard run, and a 3 yard loss on a pass. But, on 3rd and 12, Weeden finds Street for 14. Randle get two more runs for 19. McFadden gets 1 to bring up 3rd and 4 at the Pats 7. After an injury break for Duron Harmon, Weeden finds Witten for 2. They settle for the 23 yard FG. 20-6 Pats. 1:17 left in the 3rd.

Pats P9: Start at the 20. We answer. We start slow, with a 5 yard pass to Lewis, and a 3 yard Blount run. Martin makes a great 15 yard catch on 3rd and 2. Then we go for a dagger. Brady finds Dola for 34, but it gets called back OPI on Jules, so we had 2nd and 20. Brady dumps a pass off to Lewis for 7, and then he finds Jules. Julian goes for 59 and a TD. 27-6 Pats. 12:58 left.

Dallas P10: Start at the 20. They lead with a 5 yard McFadden run that comes back on holding on Wiiten. Weeden goes to the air to McFadden (6) and Willims (17). After a 3 yard McFadden run, Weeden finds Wiiten. Jamie Collins strips Witten, Johnathon Freeny recovers it for the Pats.

Pats P10: Start at the Dallas 36. We go 4 and out, failing to convet a 4th and inches. 9:42 left.

Dallas P11: Start at the 27. Weeden finds Willams for 13. He's then sacked by Sheard. They stay in the air finding Beasley then Witten for 6 each. On 4th and 5, Weeden scrambles for 8. Weeden goes back to the air, and finds Randle for one. And then...

Interception! Logan Ryan!

Pats P11: Start at the 47. 4 runs (Blount: 3 for 37, Lewis 1 for 5) and a FG. 30-6 Pats. 4:41 left.

Dallas P12: Start at the 20. Weeden goes to the air. 3 to McFadden for 22, 1 to Beasley for 21, 1 to Witten for 3, then two more to McFadden for 11. An 11 yard scramble gets us to the two minute warning. Weeden goes to Escobar, but Chung defends the pass. Weeden goes to back to Escobar and misses badly. However, holding is called in Chung, giving them first and goal at the 6. Weeden overthrows Witten, Weeden goes incomplete to McFadden. Weeden goes back to Escobar and misses again. 4th and goal. Weeden goes to Willams and missed him.

Pats P12: Victory formation.

4-0.

We're on to Indy!!!!