Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Random Thoughts From Week 5

Like others, I agree with the Steelers going for it but didn't care for the call. It was all or nothing. I would have preferred something that would at least give you a shot at having a second left for the field goal. Of course in that case you would be relying on the San Diego time keeper to stop the clock in a timely fashion so ..... maybe not. I think more than anything, going for it showed that Tomlin is secure in his job. He's not going to get fired over 1 call or 1 game, we know it and he knows it. A coach on the hot seat is kicking the FG there.

Blog Entries
    Turns out Marcell Dareus did an alright thing last weekend. Plus he taught me how to properly eat the annoying chicken wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Staffording: getting benched for Dan Orlovsky
    Just hope you don't look up and see Orlvosky getting benched for Curtis Painter.

Drugs are bad, Mr. Polian, okay?

Blog Entries
    I know it might be just me being picky, but how are the Cards ahead of the Bengals there? I get the Packers and the Pats, they both have HOF QB's who have proven themselves. I'm not seeing many positions on the Cardinals that are better than the Bengals other than HC and DB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I know it might be just me being picky, but how are the Cards ahead of the Bengals there? I get the Packers and the Pats, they both have HOF QB's who have proven themselves. I'm not seeing many positions on the Cardinals that are better than the Bengals other than HC and DB.
    Um, those are pretty frickin' important. And when you consider that the others are more like even-steven than one better than the other, they sure do make a convincing argument for Head Coach and DB being enough to make one better odds than the other. I raise my eyebrows at the rightmost column.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Um, those are pretty frickin' important. And when you consider that the others are more like even-steven than one better than the other, they sure do make a convincing argument for Head Coach and DB being enough to make one better odds than the other. I raise my eyebrows at the rightmost column.
    Yeah, I was referring to the right side of this list. Somewhere around #5, I assume, the mescaline started to kick in.

5.) Jets -- Ehhhhhhhh...
    6.) Broncos -- They're basically the Chiefs that year they started like 9-0.
    7.) Falcons -- Okay, maybe.
    8.) Browns -- Uh... what?
    9.) Steelers -- I mean, this is a decent team, but they're not really good enough to win anything meaningful right now, come on.
    10.) Titans -- ...did you just forget about all the other teams in the league?
    Follow me on twitter @kocsan.