Thread: Tyrod Taylor has a sprained knee?

Blog Entries

Tyrod Taylor has a sprained knee?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ultiple-games/

Sooooo...

EJ Manuel is the presumptive starter this week against Cincinnnnatttti. So... Matt Cassell is th epresumptive starter for the Cowboys.

So... I still think Doug Whaley is an idiot. Much as I was pleased that Taylor ran a lot in the second half because it was clearly the only way Buffalo would win, I stand by my baseline position that QBs who make a habit of running are an injury risk that demand a good backup. Buffalo ain't necessarily got one anymore.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Manuel still has good talent. He also still has a tendency to hesitate under pressure. His calm demeanor is cool, but his excitability when a backup suggests that the calm is forced, and he plays too much in the frontal lobe. He can never deliver excellence if he continues to hold back his true self.

Plus, he still cannot hit a receiver in the hands three times out of five and his deep ball is a randomized sort of thing.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    He can never deliver excellence if he continues to hold back his true self.
    That's very Zen. The Bengals are getting a lot of breaks this year. 2 straight games against teams that played on Monday night and now a backup QB.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for noticing. It does seem to happen every year that one or three teams get some lucky bounces in their schedules, but the Bengals are definitely using them to their advantage.

In other news, Matt Simms declined Buffalo's offer to sign him off the Atlanta practice squad. I thought that was interesting. Am I correctly recalling that a guy signed off another team's practice squad has to stay on the roster or has his year's salary guaranteed?
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 10-14-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!