View Poll Results: What is you opinion of each of these three calls?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Call! Golden Tate had become a runner. That was a TD!

3 50.00%
  • Bad Call! Golden Tate was stripped. That was an INT!

2 33.33%
  • I have no idea.

1 16.67%
  • Good Call! Calvin was guilty of OPI!

3 50.00%
  • Bad Call! He was engaged with his man!

2 33.33%
  • I have no idea.

1 16.67%
  • Good Call! The ball touched Corey Fuller's foot!

1 16.67%
  • Bad Call! Corey Fuller was pushed into the ball!

3 50.00%
  • I have no idea.

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Calls or Bad Calls?

Blog Entries
    I voted no idea on all three. Great job NFL.

Was the Pernel Mcphee roughing the passer a good call?
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

My opinion on the Golden Tate touchdown is that I agree with whatever opinion doesn't get Cowboys' fans riled up about being robbed for the Dez Bryant catch. Unfortunately the whining has already started on that, so I guess it doesn't matter what opinion people have on that catch.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    Poor use of words. In the parlance of the discussion, I should have used "bobbled" or "juggled" or even "never possessed." It looked like one of those calls that deal with fumbles, though, where the question is when the ball came out. IMO, due to the strip action, it was always coming out. I think we just agree that this rules crap is a mess.
    Yup. It is most definitely a mess. 20 years ago, that is a TD.

If you contend Tate had possession (I do), the ball does not come out until after crossing the plane making it a TD. If I remove my homer goggles, I can make the argument it was not a catch. The defender hit Tate's arm as the ball was being caught causing the ball to start moving.

Hey, NFL. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, TELL US WHAT IS/ ISN'T A CATCH! And do it in a couple simple, concise statements. None of this completing the process, **** (seriously, the guy who conjured that up should be taken out back and shot).

This stuff makes my head hurt. A portion of a postgame interview with referee Walt Coleman:

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

4. Here is a better question:

If the NFL got its head out of its proverbial ass and fixed the catch/TD rules, should the Golden Tate play be a TD? Try to set fandom aside when you answer...

Blog Entries
    I think the first two are obvious. He had possession, in the end zone, play over. Everything else is momentum or a late hit. Second one, come on, that is nothing.

Third one, Fuller was being pushed, turned, saw the ball, changed his action to going for the ball, almost immediately corrected himself, but that moment of commitment is enough - he had something to do with touching the ball, therefore it is a free ball.
    Go, Flaming Thumbtacks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post
    Here is a better question:

If the NFL got its head out of its proverbial ass and fixed the catch/TD rules, should the Golden Tate play be a TD? Try to set fandom aside when you answer...
    Yes.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

7. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Yes.
    Possession, two feet down, plane broken = TD.

Simple.

There you go, NFL. Catch TD rule in 45 characters. No charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sullivan View Post

Yes. And it was according to how the rule is written. Of course, the way it is written is stupid and should be as simple as your 45 character rule.
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports

9. The NFL is like a government agency. There is no problem they can't take and make even more complicated.