Thread: first impressions

first impressions

the stadium is gorgeous felt like home and thats all that matters to me.

I'll keep it short

The Goods!

NICKS what a great game for such a young gun this guy is a stud

Manning yes the box score will show 3 picks but they were all of wide outs hands and cris will tell you thats on the wide outs

Safeties Rolle, Phillips and Grant might be the best group of safeties in the league

Terrell Thomas solid tackling, pick in the endzone great job

Justin Tuck the life blood of this D the plays he makes in both the run and the pass game prove to you that he is not only the leader but as Tuck goes the Giants D goes with him

The BAD

Dodge might have to dodge people in newark airport in a few days awful

the kick coverage was awful

the run blocking was awful

But all in all the only thing that matters is 1-0

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Have a nice day!

Posted my thoughts in the game thread.

I think it's clear that Carolina is awful, so large doses of salt are required for this game analysis. A good NFL QB puts at least 30 up on that D today, so I'm a little concerned about next week. However, as I put in my previous thread, I knew the O could produce, and the passing game is the strength of this team. I'm sure the running game will improve, but it certainly wasn't just the lines fault today...there were several times they created holes only to have our rb's run away from them. The secondary was shockingly good, considering the horror show we watched last season. I do disagree w/ both of you about Thomas, maybe its my imagination, but all I see is him missing tackles. Obviously the specials are an unmitigated disaster, not much surprise there. And why does Eli hate Kevin Boss so much? I've never seen a QB lead a receiver into awful hits as often as he does to Boss...the guys career is already being cut short because of this. I guess the Bear will be back next week...

The only poor play I saw from Thomas was him getting beat while trying to make a tackle 1 on 1 in the open field for a first down. He was also beat for the TD at the end of the 1st half but that was just a fantastic throw IMO. Otherwise I saw him making some nice tackles out there.

As I said in my post in the game thread, the first half pass defense was atrocious (aside from timely INTs) but the 2nd half pass defense, specifically the pash rush, was dominating the game. Kiwanuka had one play where he was playing in a 2pt stance and came through the middle of the line like a missile.