Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Water Cooler: Week 8

Article: The Water Cooler: Week 8

"I will never give a motivational speech to my players. If I have to motivate you, I will fire you."

-Chuck Noll

2. -So I guess Jim Bob Cooter wasn’t the answer after all.
    Quite possibly the biggest understatement in football history. That game was rough to watch.

3. Wow.

Adam Schefter is reporting the Niners have traded Vernon Davis to Denver for a couple draft picks.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

Blog Entries
    Yeah. Niners give up Vernon Davis and next years 7 to the Broncos. In return, they get Denver's 6th round next year and in 2017.

Great deal for Denver. Terrible deal for the Niners. Even if the 49ers think Davis is done, Denver is desperate for a good TE. Hold out for better compensation.

Blog Entries
    In other news, Russell Okung and Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks stayed in Dallas so they could be at the hospital where Ricardo Lockette had surgery today for his neck injury. It's pretty classy of the Seahawks to support that, I think there are a lot of teams that would not.

7. Please allow me to introduce you all to 89-year-old former chairman of the House Energy Committee, representative John Dingell (D-retired) of Detroit.

89, indeed. My pop is over 20 years younger and could not figure out Twitter with a "for Dummies" book.
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Hold out for better compensation.
    Right?!!?
    If they want to give up on Vernon, fine, so be it, whatever. Last time I checked draft picks don't block. This team needs help immediately.
    Somehow I won't be surprised if Peyton is able figure out how to get him the ball.
    If the 49'ers success offends you...so be it.
    Namaste...*****es.

Ken Whisenhunt is out as Titans coach.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    Ken Whisenhunt is out as Titans coach.
    I have a fun stat about his tenure that will be in Blitz Picks.

No matter how much the team is rebuilding, I get why 3-20 was unacceptable. Do they see the crappy division and think they can take it?
    As a writer, I'm like the last girl at the bar. In the morning, you may regret asking for my services, but I'll get the job done. As long as I don't puke on your floor.

Twitter: @PolishedSports