Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Going into Monday's games...

  1. #1

    Going into Monday's games...

    Currently, in my match-up against Favre Brett or Favre Wurst, I am leading 51.00 to 48.00. The only two players we have left capable of scoring is Anquan Boldin on his team and Antonio Gates on my team. I like my situation, but I'd say it's probably 60% chance I win this week and 40% that he does. Crossing my fingers--that's how Fantasy works.

    Anyways, some early notes about this week for me:

    1. I made a late switch on my D and Kicker, picking up the Raiders and Matt Bryant this morning. However, I neglected to enter them into my starting line-up, a rookie mistake that ended up costing me 9.00 points and probably a near-sure victory. Whoops.

    2. Earlier this week, I proposed a trade to Andy that looked like:
    --Berrian, Sproles to his team
    --Forte, Murphy to my team
    My guess is that while the trade may have been plausible before this weekend, I don't think there's any way in Hell that it would work now after Forte's breakout performance [I considered him a Top 10 back going into the season, was one pick from snagging him] and Berrian's lack thereof. Oh well.

    3. There are a few ways that you can impress your buddies while watching football, but I'm realizing that there are not many that compare to being able to watch Sunday Night football [or Thurs this week] and say, "Oh yeah, the announcer is in my fantasy football league."

    4. I guess the "one-up'er" would be being able to say you beat Cris. Week 4, be good to me!

    5. I think I have three relatively even [and average] QB's--probably need to try and trade one for value sooner rather than later. Any takers? [maybe the owner of Kolb/Campbell?]

    6. Gronkowski scored a TD today. He was on my bench obviously, but still. GRONK!

    7. Between a Patriots victory and a victory for my fantasy team, I'm on the fence between which I would rather have. Both would be preferable [and still possible] this week. Kind of scares me, though. I don't want to ever have to root against Tom.

    8. The Live Chat on this site is awesome while watching games--props to all who were there at some point.

    9. I'm very glad I wasn't going against Arian Foster, Matt Forte or Hakeem Nicks today. Would have been very frustrating.

    10. Antonio Gates > Boldin, right?

    Can't wait until tomorrow night!
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

  2. #2
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. Greenwood, Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,848
    Blog Entries
    6
    I'm going against Nicks in my yahoo league...very frustrating!
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    2. Earlier this week, I proposed a trade to Andy that looked like:
    --Berrian, Sproles to his team
    --Forte, Murphy to my team
    I guess I was a little distracted this week, I didn't even see that trade. Wouldn't have mattered if I had, not a chance I'm giving up Forte for anything but another starting back.

  4. #4
    Yeah, it was definitely a stretch. Alas. Will just have to wait until Santonio Holmes gets back.
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gettin' lucky in Kentucky
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Will just have to wait until Santonio Holmes gets back.
    That's a scary quote Chil. Unfortunately one that I too, know all too well in one of ESPN Champion leagues.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Could only watch the first quarter of the Chargers-Chiefs game, and knowing that I needed 9 pts from Antonio Gates to win, that was a bit of a sketchy situation. First Chargers drive? Gates: 40 yards receiving, 1 TD. 10 points. Turned off the television with a comfortable lead, and don't really care what else happened. Ugly week, but a win's a win, right?
    “There is an old saying about the strength of the wolf is the pack, and I think there is a lot of truth to that. On a football team, it's not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.”--Bill Belichick

Similar Threads

  1. Does Big Ben play Monday?
    By mikesteelnation1 in forum NFL
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
  2. FA Pool - CLOSES MIDNIGHT MONDAY
    By darvon in forum NFL
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 02:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
  4. Monday FP(L) Publicity
    By Polishguy00 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •