Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Blitz Picks 2015: Week Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kocsan View Post
    Since the Browns' victory in Cincinnati last year on November 6, they're 3-13. That's enough, everybody.

and the Bengals are 13-2. That game really seemed to wake up the Bengals, whereas the subsequent Brian Hoyer injury really derailed what was a promising season in Cleveland. I still can't fathom why the Browns let Hoyer go. He wasn't an awesome QB, but IMO he certainly is a stable QB and Cleveland certainly needs some stability at QB. McCown is having a nice season, but he's not a longterm answer at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I still can't fathom why the Browns let Hoyer go. He wasn't an awesome QB, but IMO he certainly is a stable QB and Cleveland certainly needs some stability at QB. McCown is having a nice season, but he's not a longterm answer at his age.
    I can't fathom why they would have kept him. He believes he is a starting QB, even though his past two years with Cleveland and Houston suggest otherwise. He never won Cleveland a game last year and he certainly cost them last year. A stable QB is one that at least does no harm in how they play for you. Hoyer is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    I can't fathom why they would have kept him. He believes he is a starting QB, even though his past two years with Cleveland and Houston suggest otherwise. He never won Cleveland a game last year and he certainly cost them last year. A stable QB is one that at least does no harm in how they play for you. Hoyer is not that.

He was 10-6 as a starter in Cleveland (12-9 for his career). Not a world beater record, but certainly more stable than Cleveland has had in a long time. Not to mention, its not like he was working with a lot. If memory serves, both Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon missed much of 2014, and was backed up by an inconsistent defense (the Cleveland D gave up 23 points or more in all 6 of his losses there).

He certainly showed enough to be able to compete for the job in 2015.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post

I have requested that we never again invoke The Name of The Pickle, but honestly....no one should judge him based on what he did in Carolina in 2010. No quarterback could have helped that team, especially not a rookie with marginal potential.
    10 drives, 10 punts
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    10 drives, 10 punts
    So you're saying that Bears fans may indeed be judging The Pickle based on this and are perhaps finally starting to feel the love for Cutler???

Blog Entries
    So you're saying that Bears fans may indeed be judging The Pickle based on this and are perhaps finally starting to feel the love for Cutler???
    I knew pickles was not the answer. Fortunately he didn't get to face a crappy Atlanta D, but instead got to afce the legio ogf boom on the road when they were trying to get there season mended
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    I knew pickles was not the answer. Fortunately he didn't get to face a crappy Atlanta D, but instead got to afce the legio ogf boom on the road when they were trying to get there season mended
    I feel kind of sorry for him. Not enough to have him back here in Charlotte where we have Derek Anderson as a backup, but still...that's expecting a lot from a guy who has barely played.

How are Bears fans feeling about my man John Fox?

Blog Entries
    I feel kind of sorry for him. Not enough to have him back here in Charlotte where we have Derek Anderson as a backup, but still...that's expecting a lot from a guy who has barely played.

How are Bears fans feeling about my man John Fox?
    You prefer Deerek Anderson to Clausen. That in itself is an indictment of Pickles.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

10. It looks like the Rams are signing Wes Welker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-wes-welker/
    Workin' on mysteries without any clues